The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 19, 2012, 10:16 AM   #1
JimDandy

Hornady LNL Bullet Feeder Dies

I read that the bullet feeder dies include a Powder Through eXpander or PTX functionality for the case activated powder drop in some function, can someone with experience with this confirm, deny, and possibly explain this functionality? I don't plan on settnig up my bullet feeder accessory for a while until I get the feel for the rest of the press first so I know by the feel of the handle, and experience with the thrower if everything is working fine, but I'd like to know for future reference.
Old November 19, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Spammy_H

I don't think that's the case. The PTX goes in the powder measure case activated powder drop. You can expand and drop powder at the same time with it.

I would recommend using powderfunnels.com's universal PTX, and getting a single powder through expansion linkage per caliber - that way you can set one linkage per caliber for expansion with the powderfunnel.com universal PTX, and not have to adjust every time you change caliber.