The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 21, 2009, 04:31 PM   #1
700REM

My apology

My apologies to the board.I did not realize that I had cussed or called anybody any deragatory names on the " Bait " thread or the "what the point thread"...to those that were offended by my comments on those two threads -I apologize.
Old July 21, 2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Huntergirl

My hat is off to you for having the guts and integrity to apologize.
I really don't remember the thread in detail, just in general, so I have no opinion on what was said at this point. But you made a good gesture here.
Old July 21, 2009, 05:28 PM   #3
pilothunter

Ditto, what she said!
Old July 21, 2009, 06:34 PM   #4
VaFisher

I see no reason for you to do this but will take it for what it is. You have or had a oppinion right or wrong but I did not see where you said anything that was to far off the wall. One thing you did say
Quote:
What we as Hunters/Shooters should be more worried about is SOTOMAYOR..she is going to be the biggest challenge to the 2nd admen in a long time.This woman is racist and anti-gun.Supreme Court??
made more since because we all need to stand together for our right's and do not need to fight about the different ways on how we hunt or shoot to include baiting or not baiting. Either way it's a form of hunting right wrong or other wise, people that like it can and the people that don't like it don't have their arm twisted to hunt this way. Your apologies stand for something good so lets all learn from what it stands for.
Old July 21, 2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Doodlebugger45

I can't speak for others, but for myself I will say I did not take any offense at anything you said there. It's just people expressing themselves and their opinions. But this forum prides itself on being very polite I see. And there's nothing wrong with that. There's plenty of others out there that get pretty dang rude all the time. So I don't complain if a thread gets locked now and then even if I don't see the reason for it. No big deal at all but thanks for the apology. It's not needed from what I see, but it's always nice to see good manners.
Old July 21, 2009, 08:10 PM   #6

I started the "baiting" thread and what I observed was people getting way more worked up than you did. Heck, I was glad to see you post as many replies as you did. I new that topic was going to get peoples blood boiling, people in Michigan are fit to be tied. I personally agree with your concern that government intervention is a threat on our way of life. No need for it but, apology accepted.
Old July 22, 2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

No problem...

, Art