The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 12, 2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Tido4570

Can anyone tell me about this pistol

IMG_0928.jpg

Looking for any information on this pistol and how to dissasemble it. Having some problems with the hammer not catching.
Old March 12, 2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Jim Watson

The illustrated pistol is a Warnant ("trapdoor") style Flobert, probably of Belgian make, and not very expensive when new. It is what I think of as the "least weak" of a dinky line of low powered guns.

I don't know how to get one apart, but there are only so many pins and screws to work with. Be prepared for the liklihood that the soft metal of the hammer or/and sear or set trigger engagements are just flat worn out.

If you get it going, I would recommend sticking to CB caps.
Old March 12, 2009, 09:57 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

Removing the breechblock screws (you already have one out) should allow the breechblock to come free.

The other parts should come out easily once you remove the stock which is probably held on by a screw in the bottom of the stock; it may be the same screw that holds the trigger guard.

The original Flobert system didn't have a breechblock or firing pin. The heavy hammer had a firing stud on the front and its weight and inertia held the breech closed against the low power cartridge. The gun here is an upgraded version with a separate breechblock which would probably hold against a standard velocity Short, but I wouldn't count on it to hold anything in .22 LR.

Jim
Old March 13, 2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Tido4570

pistol

Thanks so much for your help!