The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 12, 2010, 10:12 AM   #1
[email protected]

Treso Nipples for ROA

Ruined a Ruger Nipple getting it out. Per this site will buy Treso nipples for replacement. My question to ROA users, is it best to replace all the nipples or will it be too inconvienent to just replace the one in regards to capping, removing and cleaning, and/or other considerations. I would of course like to just replace the one damaged for economic reasons. I am thinking they(new nipples) are sold 3 to a package?

By the way, this ROA I have was used and now know that I should have removed or attempted to remove all the nipples and applied anti-seize upon purchase of the firearm, the previous owner had not used anti-seize and several of the nipples were frozen in rust and hard to screw out.

I suppose this applies to an un-fired ROA also, at least that is my feeling and will practice that procedure in the future using that BP anti-seize Grease a BP supplier sold me.
Old September 13, 2010, 12:21 AM   #2
[email protected]

Answered my own question

issue no issue no mo