The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 29, 2012, 04:32 PM   #1
cooksbunker

Remington x-mark trigger

I have owned a number of Remington rifles in the past and all have been high quality shooters. I just purchased a very slightly used 700 ADL stainless in 3006 with the factory mounted scope package for my 17 year old sons graduation. It has the x-mark trigger and a plastic stock. The rifle doesn't cock on opening like all the others I've owned. Instead the bolt must be pulled back at least 1/16" to allow the sear to engage. Is this normal or do I have a defective trigger? Also will the older model triggers fit my newer rifle? Thanks for any help here.

Last edited by cooksbunker; June 29, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old June 30, 2012, 06:04 PM   #2
cooksbunker

What? Am I alone here?
Old June 30, 2012, 08:52 PM   #3
WWWJD

It's a topic that's played out here lately (if you judge on the thread title alone, but you're asking a different question). The 1/16" of rearward travel is normal; at least it is on my 2011 model 700 with the X mark. As far as I know, when shopping for aftermarket 700 triggers, you only get one or two options per manufacturer for the short n' long actions. This suggests that yes... they'll all fit. FWIW... I went with a Jewell. It's awesome at 2 lbs.

NRA Endowment FTW