The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 3, 2008, 06:03 PM   #1
timothy75

Cheapest online balls

That sounds funny. I'm wondering if anyone has a cheap source for lead round balls in 36 and 44 calliber in bulk. They'll be for plinking so the cheaper the better. Thanks
Old February 3, 2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Hawg

cast your own.
Old February 3, 2008, 08:59 PM   #3
mykeal

Amen, Hawg.

Last edited by mykeal; February 3, 2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Misspelled Hawg. Can you believe it?
Old February 4, 2008, 12:49 AM   #4
JJBlanche

http://stores.ebay.com/Cheap-Shot is the cheapest I've found (hence the name). $5.99 per 100 balls, and those aren't even bulk prices. I just ordered up 100 Ruger 220 grain conicals...this is the only place I can find them. When ordering in lower quantities, shipping can be a killer, depending on where you live (CSS is located in Cali), but if you're getting more than a few, email the guy and he'll give you a custom quote. In my experience, these fly just as straight as Hornady or any other "name" balls.

UPDATE: Got an email from the guy saying the auto shipping calculator screwed me...shipping should have been half as much as it was. So, even with shipping, Cheap Shot Store is a great bargain. I'd recommend sending the guy an email for a custom shipping quote.

Last edited by JJBlanche; February 4, 2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old February 4, 2008, 02:32 PM   #5
Pahoo

JJ,
Great find. I run my own lead and this is the best price I have seen to date, for a manufacture. I'm familiar with Cheap Shot and have used their conicals before and the quality is just as good as any. Surprised that this price is still holding.
Old February 21, 2008, 09:42 PM   #6
scrat

Cast your own +2

lee molds for both 50 cal and 44s. i cast for smokeless rifle and handguns too. I just usually purchase about 50lbs off of ebay. You have to find the right persons selling soft lead for bp and hardlead for smokeless. 50lbs of lead goes a long long way.