The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 22, 2007, 08:39 PM   #1
NIA

Good Concealing?

I holster a sig 226 9mm on my right and was wondering where I should put my px4 beretta strorm 9mm. I was thinking a shoulder holster, a holster on left side or see if I can put it in my pocket. Any Recommendations on how to conceal second piece?
Old June 24, 2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Brian D.

On the rare occasion I carry a second handgun it's placed for easy access by the weak rather than strong hand. In my case that would be either at 8-9 o'clock in a belt rig, or BUG in front left pocket holster.
Old June 25, 2007, 12:49 PM   #3
chris in va

Wow. You guys must live in a really bad area to carry two firearms. I have enough trouble with one.
Old June 25, 2007, 12:58 PM   #4
zeroskillz

Likewise, on the rare occasion I carry a BUG, it's in a pocket holster. If I were to carry a second full-size weapon, I might consider a cross draw on the left. Then I could draw fairly easily with either strong or weak hand. Dunno though, I've never really though about carrying a second large handgun.
Old June 25, 2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Doug.38PR

either should holster or crossdraw from 9 o'clock postion. I carry my Official Police .38 at 3 or 4 o'clock and put my Detective Special .38 at crossdraw at 9 o'clock often when I travel on long trips in the car so I can have better access to a crossdraw gun while in a car seat.
I almost never find it necessary to carry 2 guns at once. But occasionally I will drop the DS in my left pocket or wear it at crossdraw.
Old June 25, 2007, 09:04 PM   #6
chilie23

those are two pretty hefty guns to be toting on either side
Old June 26, 2007, 09:28 AM   #7
Thumper

Carry the Sig in a strong side IWB and conceal the Storm in your gunsafe.

If you really feel like you need to go all John Woo on someone, buy a legitimate BUG and conceal it in a pocket your weak hand can access.
Old June 26, 2007, 10:43 AM   #8
Samurai

You might as well carry 'em both in your hands. You might get away with one, but as concealable as the second one's going to be, everyone's gonna see it anyway.

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...