The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 18, 2008, 05:13 AM   #1
wworker

B for tackdriver

I recently bought a SIG 239 with a Crimson Trace laser grip from tackdriver.

The SIG is great, but the Crimson Trace laser grip is defective, a dispersed beam, the lens retracted.

I asked tackdriver for assistance on getting the Crimson Trace repaired, but he doesn't answer.

A for the SIG
C for the laser grips

It is difficult to aim a laser in public to look at the beam without alarming people, so I would recommend if you're going to buy an item with a laser, go somewhere to test it.

Last edited by wworker; November 19, 2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding
Old November 19, 2008, 04:03 PM   #2
tackdriver

Why didn't you call MY CELL PHONE if you had a problem?

Ken,
I don't get on here every day like some folks. I've been a member here for eight years and have about 200 posts. That should tell you something. The only reason I got on today is because I am bored at work.

You have my cell phone number and never called me about this. Instead, you chose to complain here without even giving me a week to respond. That's particularly insulting, since in your private messages to me before the sale you complained about how the board was slow and unreliable and asked to do business over the phone.

Now, I have posted to you answering your questions. Did you clean the pistol without removing the grips? Did you try the solutions recommended on the Crimson Trace FAQ where this is such a common issue that they have answered it there?

I have sold at least half a dozen firearms on here and on Glock Talk without a single problem. If there had been an issue, I would have just sold you the pistol without the laser grips -- the as-new P239 that was manufactured in MAY that I sold you for $700.
Old November 19, 2008, 09:18 PM   #3
wworker

To all who have read this post,

I need to apologize to tackdriver for being to hasty to give a less than positive feedback to him on the recent transaction. I wrote a PM to him stating this and do so now publicly too.

I changed the grade to a B in the title mainly because of me. I should have inspected the laser grips more closely. Tackdriver stated in his PM that the laser was fine when he last operated it and without verifying that at the sale time, I have no grounds not to believe him. In my line of work, I see failures occur quite often, so I know stuff happens.

Again the SIG is great, the grips are useless in their current state, but I am in contact with Crimson Trace to find a solution.