Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 20, 2010, 03:52 PM   #1
ArtN

Washington Hunting license

What are procedures in acquiring an hunting license as non resident in
Washington State?
Old May 23, 2010, 11:40 AM   #2
vikz

go to a walmart and they can tell you, i'm pretty sure its a lot more than if you are from wa state..
Old May 24, 2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Mike In Charleston

I just ordered my advance (2011) license for SC this morning and I would think the WA DNR would have the info.

Just found this link that might help out:

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/licenses_fees.html
Old May 25, 2010, 01:14 AM   #4
44 AMP
Staff

Just buy one, but bring plenty of cash!

As far as I know, you just buy one from any of the regular sellers (sporting goods stores, Walmart, Some hardware stores, etc, the sell them a lot of places.

However, bring money. I looked through a 2009 hunting guide. If you are from out of state, get some good maps too, cause they have lots of special game managment area and seasons.

Couldn't find anything in the booklet about non-resident licenses, except, non-residents have to buy them, and the fee schedule.

Holy Crap!!!

The non-resident license costs 10 times what the resident's does. So, if I pay $75 for license and game tags (and you need those too!) non-resident pays $750!

Hunting is good, but season rules and areas are complicated, and it ain't cheap, at least not in my income bracket,

If you got the time, and the money, come on out. They really only hate hunting in metro Seattle, but then, those people hate a number of things. Unfortunately, they have a hand in setting the fees!
Old May 30, 2010, 06:49 PM   #5
RickE

Non resident licenses are expensive, but can be purchased at any sporting good store, Fred Meyer, and Walmart. The money would be better spent in Idaho, Montana, Utah or Colorado. The Hunting is not that great anymore here due to urban sprawl, and a mis managed game depatment who inflates the number of animals to lead folks to believe they are doing a good job. They suck!