The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 9, 2008, 10:04 PM   #1
Ruthless4christ

gun battle in guatemala

big story down here. recently mexican gunman walk into a pool and engaged one of the bggest mafa famlies in guatemala. te following 90 minute gun battle left dozens of dead, bodies 7 fully bulletpoof truck incinerated, and the waging of a mob war that will claim many more lives to come.

two mob families were swimming in the pool (each family having about 15-25 bodyguards, when the mexcans shot there way in killing one of the druglords and than fought there way out to the parkng lot throwing handgranades as they went.

the guatemalan mob then chased the mexican in cars for over 40 miles shooting with ak's and m16's the whole way until the mexicans were killed. 6 were captured by the police afterword.

later investigations revealed that the mexicans were here scoping out the mob boss for 1 month before the job went down.

here are some spanish links with pictures.

http://www.elzacapaneco.com/noticias.../balacera.html
Old April 9, 2008, 10:51 PM   #2
armoredman

Yep, gun control works. All the firearms shown here are 100% illegal for civilian ownership in Mehico.
Amigo, keep your head down, and look unimportant. Vaya con Dios.
Old April 9, 2008, 11:51 PM   #3
GWbiker

Not only are those guns illegal for Mexican citizens, us Gringos are prohibited from carrying a gun for protection or ammo into Mexico.

Makes it easier for Mexican bad guys to kidnap an American Gringo for ransom.
Old April 10, 2008, 02:52 PM   #4
armoredman

Which is yet another reason, (despite the fact I have lived 60 miles from the border most of my life), that I have never entered Mexico.
Old April 10, 2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Sarge

Quote:
Makes it easier for Mexican bad guys to kidnap an American Gringo for ransom.
Gringo might do well to heed Archie Campbell's advice to "Stay OUT of them places!"
Old April 10, 2008, 10:44 PM   #6
AmesJainchill

Man, that's crazy.
Old April 12, 2008, 05:18 PM   #7
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Amazing story, Ruthless4christ.

Is organized crime a big problem in Guatemala? What are your gun laws like? Do you have any problems in your day-to-day life with any kind of organized crime or corrupt government officials?

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old April 14, 2008, 01:56 PM   #8
Silvanus

That sounds crazy, like a movie scene or something I hope at least no innocent bystanders were killed...

I bet that Glock still works though

Old April 14, 2008, 02:28 PM   #9
bclark1

AR mags all over the place. Quite a battle indeed. Thanks for sharing.
Old April 14, 2008, 08:16 PM   #10
vox rationis

all I gotta say is yikes...looks like that scene from No Country for Old Men..except that this is real...double yikes
Old April 14, 2008, 08:39 PM   #11
scorpiusdeus

Who's going to be surprised to learn that some of those guns cam from a Florida gun store owner?
Old April 14, 2008, 09:01 PM   #12
Epyon

Who cares...

Quote:
Not only are those guns illegal for Mexican citizens, us Gringos are prohibited from carrying a gun for protection or ammo into Mexico.
They cross our borders illegally we should be allowed to carry illegally in their country, fair trade right?

Epyon
Vote Epyon for president in 2008, if you vote for Epyon all of your wildest dreams will come true: This campaign was brought to you by Epyon; funded in part by the Pizza Party, Surprise Party, Birthday Party, and Slumber Party.
Old April 15, 2008, 12:43 AM   #13
ActivShootr

Quote:
They cross our borders illegally we should be allowed to carry illegally in their country, fair trade right?
I think the penalty for us is a bit more severe than just a free ride back across the border though.
Old April 15, 2008, 07:35 PM   #14
GWbiker

Judging from what I was told by Mexican authorities who visited my work place (Pa state prison) several years ago, Gringo's DO NOT want to end up in a Mexican prison.
Old April 17, 2008, 12:17 PM   #15
BamaXD

Is it just me, or is the Police Officer in the third picture down carrying a Tavor? Pretty interesting... Crazy gun battle indeed, thanks for the pictures to show us. The armored trucks, the shell casings, bodies, it was a big battle.
Old April 17, 2008, 12:24 PM   #16
DonR101395

Quote:
Who's going to be surprised to learn that some of those guns cam from a Florida gun store owner?

Not me, they have already arrested and charged him. From those in the area, he seemed to be a pretty good guy. Time to see how it plays out.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/495327.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,5935351.story
Old April 17, 2008, 12:24 PM   #17
SilentHitz

Quote:
I think the penalty for us is a bit more severe than just a free ride back across the border though.
It is...a felony carrying a penalty of 1 year in prison if I'm not mistaken.
Old April 18, 2008, 12:11 PM   #18
David Armstrong

like I've often said, we just think things are bad around here. If you really want to find folks with gunfight experience try looking in some of the tougher foreign countries and see what works. In spite of the claims, the U.S. is actually fairly calm and quiet compared to many other countries.
Old April 19, 2008, 07:31 PM   #19
Ruthless4christ

the rundown

sorry for late answer have been in the mountains and no internet.

yes the mob runs absalutely everything here. organized crime transports all the drugs that come from down south into mexico(up to the states) and most legit buisnesses down here clean the money for the mob(actually thier biggest problem, what to do with the money).

and yes quite a few innocent poepl were killed in the pool and on the highway. as the mob held a gunfight/carchase, for over 30 mles quite a few cars were shot up.

gun laws here are as follows.

18 can buy a gun but only have it in his house. 25 and older can carry guns, handguns carbines and most rifles and shotguns. full auto weapons are illigel unless special permission is granted (or bought.) ends up taht the only people that have these weapons are the rich drug lords and blo joe defends himself witha .22

lots of people have body guards, Juancho Leon (the drug lord that was killed) had 35 body guards at any given time,

down here everything is currupt, the mobsters never get stopped, if they do and are found with possesion of weapons or drugs they just pay a bribe or make a cell phone call to a chief of police who recieved a brand new car for christmas and the problem goeas away. this is a country where buying a police officer breakfast or a soda can make life alot easier.

if the cops dont like you they just plant drugs on you or shoot you.

since ths gun battle several others have taken place. some theories are that they new presedent (a communist who led the commies in the civil war that ended in 96) is aranging to have all these guys killed. his political campiegn was 99% funded by the drug lords (juancho leon being one of his main supporters) he used them to get into power and now does not want to answer to them as they are THE main force to be reconed with in guatemala.