The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 16, 2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Robk

Busby was a lair and cheat

So I agreed to trade for the AR15 he has advertised in the rifles section, well kinda agreed. I agreed to trade a almost new S&W 686+ Talo edition for a Spikes Tactical rifle. I recieved a pieced together $500 buget AR15 with a Spikes Tactical lower only. Now be it known, that I am a pistol guy and was not looking for a rifle,had recently sold my only AR15 as I shoot it very little. So I had no need to look in the rifle section. But Busby never mentioned that this AR was being offered on this sight. He was in early contact with me and offered me $20 to make up the difference. Really, $20! Now he is refusing to answer me at all. Apparently this man has no integrity or ethics. Oh did I mention he holds a FFL? But told me he has no knowledge of ARs. BS, all of it. Avoid this person at all costs. I am not new to trades on forums and aceept what has happened, but most here would disclose more information and would honor that fact is there was a gross misunderstanding. Guess this guy believes he is above that.

Rant done.

Last edited by Mal H; May 20, 2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Link removed
Old May 16, 2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Microgunner

???? Busby says it's a Spike's Tactical lower and Red-X upper and lists the parts used.
Where was he dishonest?
Old May 16, 2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Robk

He emailed me with an offer for a Spike's Tactical AR15 with steel barrel. No other description. No mention that a better description was here. Also when called out about it, he said I have no idea what parts were used, recieved as a trade. Also added that he had no idea about AR15 at all, too many kinds to keep up. I found his listing recently and questioned him about it. Have received no email since. I DO NOT look for rifles, hardly use them but do think about them as a trade option.

EDIT: HE RESPONDED TO MY ADD FOR MY 686 TALO, I DID NOT RESPOND TO HIS ADD. DID NOT KNOW IT EXSISTED!!!
Old May 16, 2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Microgunner is right. Before you start calling someone a "lair" [sic] and a cheat, you should check your facts.

Busby never changed his description of the rifle from "I have an all new AR15. It is a Spikes Tactical lower built with a PSA enhanced lower parts kit. The upper is a Red X stainless with 1-9 rh twist in .556. It comes with a PSA full auto bcg, quad rails, and A2 flash hider w/ low profile gas block."

It certainly doesn't look to me like he offered a Spikes Tactical rifle, assuming you mean all items are manufactured by Spikes.

You didn't reply in the thread, and you implied that you bought it from him from a different site where it was listed by him ("Busby never mentioned that this AR was being offered on this sight [sic].") So at which other site was the deal made? Did it have a different description than the one he posted here?

[Added]
You and I were simul-posting. It appears he initiated the trade when he offered the rifle to you as a trade for your revolver. That makes a little more sense.
Old May 16, 2014, 01:04 PM   #5
Robk

I did not get it form another site. He emailed me in response to my add for the 686 which is posted here and here only. He just sent me picurues with no discription other than SPIKES TACTICAL AR15. Never mentioned it was also up for sale here.Never menitoned he knew that it was something other than a SPIKES TACTICAL AR15.I have emailed him on several occasions and have never recived an answer that would show he was not trying to cover up.

--If Needed--
I may still have the emails, I can post them here to show that this was in fact offered to me as something other than what it was and that he tried to cover that up.
Old May 16, 2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

No, don't post private emails here. I would like Shane Tuttle, the moderator of the Gun Show forums, to take a look at this and see what his take is on it.

If Busby offered a new all Spikes Tactical rifle without saying anything else about it, or pointing you to the for-sale thread here, then I can understand your frustration with the deal. On the other hand, did you ask any questions at all about the particulars of the rifle?
Old May 16, 2014, 01:22 PM   #7
Robk

I did not ask further after he told me he was a FFL (Busby's Gun Sales,Williamson GA). As a dealer I have to assume they know what they are selling. Never had any issue with dealer descriptions. And this is the first issue I have had here. This forum boasts a high level of integrity and for the most part I would have no issue with dealing with people here.
Old May 16, 2014, 01:25 PM   #8
Mal H
Staff

I have apprised Shane of the situation, and will await his input. Busby hasn't visited here for about a week, so we'll wait to see if he has any input on it as well.
Old May 16, 2014, 01:34 PM   #9
Robk

Thank you. I am not here to get more out of him, but to warn people because of my experience. I have even waited almost 2 weeks to post this. Especially after not hearing from him for over a week. I originally believed he was trying to make good, but that fell apart quickly.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:48 AM   #10
Shane Tuttle
Staff

OK, after reviewing the situation, here's what's going to happen.

Busby will be handled within the rules of TFL. Unfortunately, we do not take legal action on a dispute.

As a rule of thumb in the future, I highly recommend making 100% sure the product you're getting is exactly as described before completing a transaction. Otherwise, it appears to me you did everything reasonable to give him to a chance to make things right.

Bottom line is you'll have to chalk this one up for experience. Bright side is it won't happen again by that person here on TFL.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old May 19, 2014, 11:20 AM   #11
Robk

Thank you for the review. I have given him every chance to make good. I still offer him this chance. But it looks as this will be a lesson learned with no recourse as this is not a total loss to me, just an uneven exchange.