The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 10, 2013, 10:27 AM   #1501
brickhouseblues

Hello all

I am happy to have joined this forum. After years of browsing through other forums, and the recent Obama threats to our right's, I wanted to be involved with like minded folks. Thanks TFL for giving us all a place to come to to clear our thoughts and voice our concerns
Old April 12, 2013, 03:05 PM   #1502
Jim Rau

Good day mates!
I ran across this form when it was linked there for one of your responses.
I think we (pro 2nd amendments people) MUST stay in touch with each other and world vie the internet so I join in on most of the 'gun forms' I come across. I am a retired LEO with 26 years in uniform, patrol, traffic, and SWAT (TEU) with the CSPD in Co Springs, CO. I retired and moved to Alaska and was a reserve officer on the Wasilla PD for 6 years and worked security on TAPS (trans alaska pipeline system) until I moved to Winston county Alabama where I currently am a reserve deputy.
I spent 5 years active in the Army with two tours to the 'big green latrine' in 68 and again in 71. I spent eight years in a Special Forces NG Unit (1980-1988) in Pueblo, CO (A521) as the teams combat engineer.
I opened a training and ballistics testing business in Co in 1990 and still run that business. I have been an FFL holder sense then.
I hope to stop by as time permits and join in the discussions when I have some input.
Old April 13, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1503
BrassAndLead

Hello...just joined and am glad to be here. I bought my first handgun about 4 years ago, first shotgun about 2 years ago. Lately I have increased my activity with going to the range and purchased 3 guns in 4 months (sold one already so only added two total). My favorite toy at the moment is my M&P 45C. I'm in the Madison, Wisconsin area so if anyone else is too, feel free to message me.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1504
Mr. Shooty

Nice to find a place around...

I've read many posts and found a lot of answers to my questions on this site. I then thought to myself, "Self, why haven't I joined yet?" Nice to be in a community for people who enjoy gun ownership.
Old April 23, 2013, 11:18 AM   #1505
Beepy

I have lurked around TFL off and on for a few years. A nice place to come for good information and the folks are usually quite polite and sincere.

My interests mostly run to hunting and reloading. Although I have to admit to a rather large soft spot for good revolvers, a fine shooting bolt gun always gets my attention, too.

It's nice to be here. With a little luck, I may be able to contribute something worthwhile to the discussion.

BP
Old April 23, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1506
armymedic

Hello all just joining currently overseas again in the Stan, I reside in the Rockford, IL area back home. Looking forward to leaving here in the next couple months not looking forward to the mess of locating ammo when I arrive
Old April 23, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1507
LDW500

Like many others, I have been lurking and reading lots of old threads to find useful info. I'm getting ready to jump into reloading rifle and pistol loads so I should be hanging out here even more. Great site.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:54 PM   #1508
blueocean

Hello from Florida

Hello from Florida! Been lurking in a number gun related forums, finally decided to join a few and maybe add my half a cent of input now and again.

John
Old April 26, 2013, 11:26 PM   #1509
RodTheWrench

I'm taking the plunge and joining the fray. I love to talk guns, buy/sell guns, trade guns, shoot guns, read about guns, watch shows about guns etc. Utah is a great state to live in if you love guns! Howdy all!
Old April 28, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1510
nativepatriot

Hello everyone

Hello all I'm very new to forums. I've been an avid gun owner and operator for years. I'm also a life member of the nra. I love shooting sports hunting and showing my 8 year old daughter how to clean and care for her guns to which she has recently became intersted in. Im slowly losing faith in my country and citizen of it. I believe we have been turned into a passive bunch of pushovers who just follow the status quo. Well I'm not I still remember when seeing a gun in the back window of a truck at the local grocery store was normal. How our dads taught us about gun safety before we could spell gun and how the men we elected into office were men and would stand up for the people who put them there not vote in the way that makes things easier for then and their wallet. I salute the NRA and all the people in office who vote for and support the people in the state that voted them in there.

Last edited by nativepatriot; April 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Misspellings
Old May 3, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1511
PTCommander

New to TFL

I am new to TFL, but I have hunted as a kid and I primarily shoot mil weapons in the desert. I have been with a group of like minded individuals for 20 years. NRA Life member. Shot with NRA in '68 as a kid at camp. I want to paint my ARs and need some advice. My squirrel/pig AR is 20" SS 1:9 on a black upper/lower with a grey A2 stock, 3x9x40 Nikon buck master drop compensator. The bright barrel is very visible, I don't mind the black but would like to knock down the glare - CA sun, little cover, you know. I am building a titanium G4 lower in FDE with an FDE stock. I can't find a suitable colored flattop (5.56) to match. I wear A-TACS and RATS and need cover in sparse terrain. Any ideas on painting the uppers. Thanks.
PTC
Old May 3, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1512
Shipwrecked

New member alert

Evening to all.

Having spent years on different bits with triggers I have now plumbed for Rimmy shooting. Currently being challenged with a new CZ455LR that won't clover leaf, to be honest lucky to get 1" groups @ 25m and a BSA Martini with a barrel bulge that groups at 1/2" CTC on a 10 string with diopters.

There may be questions to come on a new type of shooting and responses to stuff I know about.

If anyone has answers for above I welcome all suggestions to try something different.

Look forward to meeting new liek minded people here.

Regards

Shipwrecked
Old May 4, 2013, 10:25 AM   #1513
Salvarus

Greetings

Hi i have been a regular visitor to TFL for some time now and finally got around to registering. I m a lifelong shooter and hunter. I am pleased to find like minded folks here. Thanks for having me.
Old May 5, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1514
super6

Casting bullets for the 44 Mag is new for me. This is my first post here and I want to thank everyone for their posts on the subject. The thrill of that first load through my hands was indescribable. you all helped in some way and I thank those of you who post there experiences. The ruger Super Redhawk was up to the task. Hence the name super 6.
Old May 7, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1515
Chrishuk

New member from UK coming to Palm springs

HI All
I just took up shooting in the UK starting with competition .22 rifles. I hope to get my licence in 5 months and buy a semi auto and an underlever. I am travelling to Palm Springs in May 13 and cant seem to find any shooting ranges online where you can hire guns. Anyone got any ideas?
I noticed there is a shooting day at Raahauge in LA where you can try out just about anything, anyone been before? worth going?
Old May 8, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1516
torbjork

Hi guys!

Hi, I found this forum while looking up some information on the Williams FP Firesight that I have on my G98 but had lost the instructions for. It's never too late to learn something so I decided to sign up.

I live in Norway but have three kids who are US citizens, so I'm a cap-carrying NRA member in order to protect their interests.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1517
Blackwood

New here

Hello everybody,

I'm from Germany, found TFL while searching the web for Ruger hints. My interests are different sport-shooting events with Pistol and Revolver, rifle and shotgun and I hope to find interesting discussions about the sport.

Greetings from the Black Forest

Peter
Old May 9, 2013, 08:33 AM   #1518
groverdill

Hello all. I may be the least experienced here with guns. I didn't grow up with them like a lot of you folks did. My parents weren't gun people. I'll be 50 this year, and my wife and I are just now developing an interest in guns. We bought a Henry .22 rifle a few weeks ago and love it! Now we have our sights set on handguns. My wife is leaning towards the semi auto's, but I'm favoring revolvers. I'm in central Pennsylvania, surrounded by LOTS of gun shops and local shows. We're not hunters. We enjoy target shooting and would like something for personal and home defense. I'm just now getting into guns, but I like what I see and look forward to learning all I can and gaining some shooting experience.

Mike
Old May 13, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1519
neiliovirilio

new guy

Hello everyone

I am a new resident of Colorado since early 2011- I have 3 guns now and looking to have some fun at the range.

I am originally from Canada where we only had the right to call 911 if our lives were threatened, and I am looking forward to enjoying my new "rights" in the USA.

Thanks, Neilio
Old May 16, 2013, 02:29 PM   #1520
Noxout

FNG

First off allow me to introduce myself, name is Mike.

I'm a 30 year old with limited exposure to firearms and/or shooting. I've only gone to a shooting range a few times with my father and brother in-law, one being retired law enforcement and the other currently working in law enforcement. After going with them a few times shooting I've decided to invest my own time and effort into shooting as a hobby/sport.

I'm sure this is just the beginning of lots of questions. Once I get into something I wanna know it inside and out. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1521
dook

Hello all,

I have been reading all the great info on this site for awhile and finally decided to make a post. I have been getting into shooting more recently sense I started shooting with my girlfriend's dad up at his house and just having a ton of fun with it. Going tomorrow to sign up for a class to get a CC permit, hopefully it wont be a terriblly long wait. I have not ever purchased a gun but am looking to do that in the comming months when things die down. All of my guns have been passed down to me from both sides of my family.

My main shooter is my grandfather's on my mom's side 74 colt cobra

bought as his carry weapon when he retired and bought stake in a gold mine, which turned out to have no gold. Shoots like a dream, especially sense I bought some rubber hogue grips for it.
Old May 20, 2013, 07:50 AM   #1522
BlackSheep6

Hi all

Much like a few posts, I've lurked this forum for a while stealing great nuggets of info. Searched a lot of good stuff while figuring out how to get my FFL. Now that I have it and starting on a good path I figured I'd help others who are looking for information like I was.

I love to talk about ARs and generally everything about guns.

BlackSheep6
Manhattan, KS
07 FFL
Old May 21, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1523
adickerson4life

NEW LADY!

I don't know how many ladies we have on the forum but I am interested to see who is passionate about guns like I am! So many times I end up just chattin it up with the guys because there are no ladies that want to talk guns! So here I am in search of other ladies that want to know more about guns, carry positions, holsters, purse no purse, etc....etc...
Old May 23, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1524
Kev

New Guy Kev

Hello everyone, mods & members!
I'm Kev down here in SWFL, a SoCal transplant since my company relocated me 12 years ago.
Been shooting and making holes my whole life
First centerfire gun fired was my dad's WW2 Remington Rand 45. He had it reblued and added mother of pearl grips. Most beautiful 45 I ever saw.

From his collection, I have shot mid 60's Officer Model Match Target pistols in 38 and 22, I think the OMM is about the most beautiful revolver ever made, then the python of course!

Lots of S&W mixed in there as well, he gave me a late 1930's S&W 38/44 Heavy Duty on my 21st birthday..He's a great father..His shooting days are over since he had a stroke, just enough of one to keep him off the range..

I hope to contribute what I can, I do like the diverse areas on here, from Curio to wheelguns to auto's..Alot that peeks my interest.
Old May 26, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1525
Bluestarlizzard

Oh, introductions, well,

Hello *waves*

When I was 8 my Dad finally convinced my uber liberal mother to let him teach me to shoot. Started off with an AR 7 and before long I was killing cardboard reditions of 50's b grade horror movie monsters with a USP.

Been shooting ever since.

-Liz

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent