The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 22, 2001, 08:27 PM   #1
Bushman556

Fist holsters, good quality?

I'm looking for an IWB for my Kimber and found the Fist website. Their stuff looks pretty good and options like left handed or 8 different colors are no charge.
Does anyone have experience with their stuff?

Bushman556

Old June 22, 2001, 09:09 PM   #2
geegee

I bought one of their holsters about a year ago. I didn't want the holster I selected, and wanted to exchange it. I called their shop and spoke directly with Jim Murnak, who (without hesitation) told me to ship it back to change with another, which I did (as I remember, I owed some money for the new holster).

The quality was as good as some of the best holsters out there-beautiful deep burgundy color,excellent fit for my pistol. I finally ended up not wearing it, only because it didn't sit low enough (for my preference) in my waistband. It just became a matter of personal choice for what I was looking for, and was used to wearing. I have absolutely no reservation about recommending the quality of the work, or the level of service provided. Hope this is helpful, geegee.
Old June 23, 2001, 06:28 AM   #3
Bushman556

Thanks for the info, that is just what I want to know. Sounds like they are a good company to deal with. Good to know that the quality is as good as the pictures on the website.

Bushman556

Old June 24, 2001, 04:43 PM   #4
Morgan

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...highlight=FIST

That's from a few years back (has it been that long?), when TFL was new, and so was my first FIST holster.

The holster has aged very well - it rides on my FIST belt as I type this, along with a FIST double mag pouch. With almost daily wear it looks as good as new.

I've ordered other products recently from Jim, and I'm certain they'll be of the same high quality, and I've received the same good service.

You can't go wrong with Jim's products.
Old June 24, 2001, 09:31 PM   #5
Mark King

Jim Murnak Sent me a FIST holster for review when the FIST line was new. It was a tuckable model for a Kahr K9. I was impressed with the fit and finish of the holster and it's deep even color. And when he says his leather holster are hard molded, you can believe it. It's now the only holster I'll use with the K-9. I don't use it in the tuckable mode but as a standard IWB holtser. It's held up extremely well and I expect it will continue to provide me with a good serviceable holster for years to come.
Mark / FL
Old June 24, 2001, 11:39 PM   #6
Robert Foote

I have one of his belt slide type holsters for the SIG 220. It turns out that the gun and I are not completely compatable, but the holster is a very good one. It's very comfortable, rides well, has a good combination of security and speed. I would recommend his work.
Old June 25, 2001, 08:53 AM   #7
LIProgun

I have about a half-dozen FIST holsters and I am very pleased. Quality is very good and the value is excellent. Turnaround time is relatively quick, too.

- Leonidas of Sparta, 480 B.C.