The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 26, 2009, 06:27 PM   #1
chrismacdonald

Shooting Exercises - Recording/Scoring/Logging

I am looking into getting into some shooting exercises instead of the same old same old that I do when I go out to the range. I want to focus on accuracy and quick reloading, maybe . .

Usually I run 300 rounds through the pistol and just choose incremental distances. Using about 4-5 different 9 dot targets, going from one to the other. Nothing really complicated or formal

I looking getting into something that I can score and just build upon, does anyone know where I can get some exercises that I can start working on? And if so I would like to have something that helps me log at the range or at home and then score and record my progress. I know this sounds like a lot but I am sure there is somewhere I could start. Something simple to start would help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 26, 2009, 10:28 PM   #2
RangeLogger

Online Drills

If you are an active shooter, try logging your shots online: www.RangeLog.com

The site assists with quick scoring and going through the different weapons you use at the range. Also, there are drills (exercises) you can use to improve your skills and track your target score – some for accuracy and others for timing.

You can only view the exercises and shot log after you create an account, but we offer a free Range search to all users – the firearms catalog will be available to the public soon.

A member account is free, so I hope you decide to give the site a try!

Tags
shooting exercises , shot log , shot scoring