The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 30, 2001, 08:11 AM   #1
handgunhunting

hunting with your handgun

When you go hunting with your handgun what do you have to have and what is nice to have?
I always have my handgun, shooting stick (Home made), extra ammo, and a belt pack that contains a Wyoming knife, utility knife, knife sharpener, rubber gloves, 55 gal. Trash liner, monocular, mini mag flashlight, whistle/thermometer combo, and a zip lock baggy with matches, heavy duty fishing string on a cardboard "butterfly", whistle, deer tags, hunting license, pin and paper.
Things I like to have my summit viper xtreme deer stand, a 1 lt. Bottle of coke, deer drag, lunch.
Old July 30, 2001, 10:14 AM   #2
mundumugu

Handgun (revolver), holster, xtra ammo - 12rounds - victorinox folding knife, hunter model (3.5"blade, saw, pliers, the only items I used), half liter canteen, lighter, 6 yds. nylon rope, aspirin (not as painkiller, but in case of heart attack), surgical gloves(for gutting).
Say, of the things you carry, what have you actually used?
Old July 30, 2001, 03:46 PM   #3
handgunhunting

I use the flashlight every time i go in and out of the woods, The matches i haven't had to use, the deer tags i use every time i get a deer the fishing line is to attach the tag to the deer, the utility knife is used for cutting small branches to hold open the chest cavity, the gloves are for gutting and a urinal if need be, the 2 whistles are for if i get hurt of lost i can blow it and my friends can find me easy. The trash liner is Incas an unexpected rain shower the hunting license is self explanatory the pin is to fill out the deer tag the knife is used to help keep an edge on the utility knife. I guess you can say i use almost everything i carry