The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 14, 2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Skitter

Range Report

Doing one here for my Cougar and one in the lever action area for my .30-30

Went to the range and shot about 100rds through my Stoeger Cougar 8040. I was using factory Winchester and Independence 165gr FMJ. I started at the 7yr range as my wife was with me shooting her 9mm PX4 Storm.

I started shooting and noticed I was still a little spread, then remembered what everybody has said about front site, front site! So I hunkered down, modified Weaver (straight dominant arm) and only concentrated on the front site. First shot, dead center, from there damn near every shot was within the 9 ring.

Thanks for the tips guys!

That being said, I tried shooting my wifes PX4 and it seemed to have a MUCH snappier recoil than my .40... Couldn't figure out why until I was holding both guns during transport... her PX4 is so light I am guessing it accounts for the higher recoil.

Anyways, enjoy making fun of my huge spread:

Much better than last time!