The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 27, 2011, 06:31 PM   #1
oldmansbike

Uberti 1866 problem

I have an EMF Uberti 1866 I bought used a couple of months ago. Its operated fine until today. It doesn't want to feed the bullets from the magazine. The bullets are the same ones I have been shooting all along. Same OAL same bullet weight. Is the carrier supposed to start up before the bolt is all the way back? The bolt is sticking out about a quarter of an inch when the carrier starts coming up and catches on the bolt. Is this normal for a 1866? This is my first lever gun so i know nothing about them. Also the bullet is setting in the carrier crooked and if you push the one in front of it back into the magazine it will straighten out and then feed into the gun. The guy I bought it from said he had a short stroke kit and an action job done to it . Thanks