The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 23, 2008, 02:24 PM   #1
patkinson

RCBS Duo Measure help

I have a RCBS Duo Measure that I need a new plastic reservoir bottle.(this measure is no longer made) Does anyone know any other bottle that might work? The measure is like new and I hate not to use it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old September 23, 2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Loader9

I'm afraid you and I are in the same river and neither of us has a paddle. I have several of these but my favorite got the plastic bottle broke. I ended up getting all of the plastic out of the housing and I glued a pill bottle that fit the opening in it's place. The capacity is extremely small and reloading it with powder is a pain but it works great. I called RCBS and there are no parts. I buy every one I can buy cheap at gunshows and have a few in the closet. I think they are hard to beat but the plastic powder bottle is a headache and a design disaster.
Old September 23, 2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Sevens

RCBS has one of the best reputations in the industry. I'm kind of surprised that they don't have a solution, even if it is simply to sell you a measure they currently make at some kind of a deep discount to make up for the fact that they can't give you whatever you need to make their product work. They have a lifetime warranty on everything except for equipment with electric motors, so I think they ought to step up to the plate on this one.
Old July 25, 2009, 04:10 PM   #4
JimB0347

Duo-Measure

Looks like everyone is in the same boat who has a broken Duo-Measure power hopper or some other missing part. When I contacted RCBS about this they offered to send me one of their new measures if I sent them my Duo-Measure. Anyone who could fabricate a power hopper to fit this masure would make a fortune. I would buy at least two myself.
Old July 25, 2009, 04:20 PM   #5
alloy

ohaus?

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i...hp/t-4724.html
Old January 3, 2014, 08:50 PM   #6
mycanoe44

RCBS Du-O-Measure Hopper Replacement

I replaced my RCBS Du-O-Measure missing hopper with a Lee replacement hopper used on the Perfect Powder Measure and Pro Auto Disk measure. It was fairly close, just needed some JB Weld. I picked this up for $20 bucks assuming I could just order the parts. Everything else is there and it's in really good shape and this model is very highly rated. Because there is a pretty good void to fill, it took 3 applications. Make sure you cover everything with masking tape as the runny JB Weld gets everywhere. Uncured JB Weld can be cleaned up with isopropyl alcohol, once it's cured "GOOD LUCK". For the first 2 applications I wrapped a thin ribbon of masking tape around the lowermost part to keep it from running down into the measure body. You have to cut a notch in the tape for the key in the throat. I coated the measure with Kiwi neutral shoe polish which released the JB very well.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg
Old January 13, 2014, 01:02 PM   #7
mycanoe44

Du-O- Measure mounted

Finally got my Du-o-measure mounted. Fabricated a mount from some aluminum bar stock. Very solid, pretty much the same accuracy between it , the Lee perfect powder measure and the Lee pro auto disk on my classic turret press with BLC(2), Varget and H335. Extremely consistent operation is the key. I fabricated the riser for my turret press from some diamond plate aluminum.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old January 13, 2014, 11:18 PM   #8
dickttx

My Ohaus DuoMeasure hopper got broken several years ago when I moved.
I used a MEC shotgun reloader powder bottle in its place. Not an exact fit but it worked for a lot of years.