The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old April 2, 2008, 02:36 PM   #51
dawg23

P-35HP:

You posted:
Quote:
You are missing the point. According to published material, handguns have been used in those incidents.
The point is not who is making more mistakes or what is better. This is not a contest (you know what kind), either.

BOTH ARE WORKINK, AND ARE WORKING WELL. BOTH!!

I have not been presented with any substantial facts proving otherwise.
Clearly you are placing too great an emphasis on "published material" and not enough on training.

Before you come to a gun forum and spout off theories, at least do us (and yourself) the favor of getting some instruction from a reputable firearms academy. Very few members here are interested in what you have managed to glean from gun rags.

In another post you claim you are here to
Quote:
"hear other pepole opinions and learn from them." (sic)
Yet every time you see an opinion which doesn't fit your preconceived notions (that's a polite way of saying "your uneducated BS"), you argue. Obviously you are more interested in pontificating than in learning.

You asked in one of your posts you asked what was meant by "mall ninja." Perhaps you are more familiar with the term "troll."
Old April 2, 2008, 02:41 PM   #52
P-35HP

David Armstrong.

The qualification is probably a 15 year old law.

Unfortunately, after the PM Rabin has been assassinated, the Israeli gov. took dramatic actions to reduce the number of pistol permits. One of the steps was to mandate regular qualification with the gun you own and a certificate from your PF that you are mentally and physically fit to be trusted with a gun.

Lots of "anti- gun “regulations have been implemented since then, with the net result of lots of good people and vets. having to turn in their guns because they did not fit one of many silly new myriad of criterias.

It is sad and almost unbelievable, but true.
Old April 2, 2008, 03:01 PM   #53
Musketeer

I love the myth that if Israel does something it must be right... Their systems have plenty going for them and their lack of resources forces them to think outside the box but there is no problem in calling a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color].

Their policy as a catch all for everyone is a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]. Follow it if you wish. The millions of LEOs and citizens who do otherwise in the USA must all be misinformed.

Absolutely nothing in this thread is any different from the many which have preceded it.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin
Old April 2, 2008, 03:04 PM   #54
P-35HP

dawg 23
Thank you for the time you took to read and post your opinion.

Just read and try to understand what I am saying in my posts. I am not a great writer but I have made it clear that I am not trying to convince you or M1911 anything, beside the fact the there is something out there that works, not perfect but works.

Besides, you have no clue what and how much training I have or I do not have, how many "wires" I have passed or didn't, how many classes I took or did not and were if at all.
Nothing, you know nothing about me but have the arrogance to assume that if I do not fit into your square and small brain, I am probably BS.

This is the impolite way to say that you have no respect for something or somebody you do not know or understand because apparently you cannot comprehend that in this big world people, ideas and yes, tactics can be different from what you have learned in your small "inside the wire" place.
Old April 2, 2008, 04:14 PM   #55
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Yet every time you see an opinion which doesn't fit your preconceived notions (that's a polite way of saying "your uneducated BS"), you argue. Obviously you are more interested in pontificating than in learning.

You asked in one of your posts you asked what was meant by "mall ninja." Perhaps you are more familiar with the term "troll."
Quote:
Nothing, you know nothing about me but have the arrogance to assume that if I do not fit into your square and small brain, I am probably BS.

This is the impolite way to say that you have no respect for something or somebody you do not know or understand because apparently you cannot comprehend that in this big world people, ideas and yes, tactics can be different from what you have learned in your small "inside the wire" place.
And, with those tidbits, this one's done .

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread