The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 17, 2002, 02:18 PM   #1
Kevan

Combat shotgun books---which are best?

I'm looking for a book with more information on load selection and use, information about different manufacturers loads, slug information, accessories, shooting techniques, etc. I don't need info on different types and brands of shotguns unless it pertains to why a double barrel might be an advantage over a repeater at times. I already have a Winchester Defender, so I'm past the selection phase. I don't want a standard "shotgun" book because they always talk about chokes, sporting clays, etc. I'm looking for a bucksot, slug, and combat book not loaded with BS. I've seen several advertised online like two by one guy called "Streetsweepers" and "Super Shotguns." Another called "Combat Shotguns" by some other guy. One called I think "The Tactical Shotgun" by Gabriel Suarez. I already ordered the Gunsite "Tactical Shotgun" video because I found it on sale. Now I'd like to know which books are good and which are bad if possible. Your help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.
Old March 18, 2002, 02:04 PM   #2
JNewell

Ditto on Gabe Suarez's book. www.gabesuarez.com Jim Crews' new book is now shipping. The others are really outstanding on the basics, so this is likely to be the same. www.marksmans.com
Old March 18, 2002, 07:22 PM   #3
Kevan

Thanks for the help! That helps me choose. I'll get Suarez's book next and the others suggested after that.