The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 25, 2001, 10:40 PM   #1
CD1

Reloading calculator

Hey guys,

Yesterday I made an excel spreadsheet to calculate how many rounds I can make using the materials I have on hand (ie 1 pound of powder and 25 lbs of shot), or I can put in how many rounds I want to load and it tells me how much materials I need.

Not rocket science, but it saves some work. Just punch in how many grains of powder and how many ounces of shot and it does the rest. Super easy. I'll probably add some features to price everything as well. If anyone wants to take a look at it, I can email it to you.
Old June 26, 2001, 12:17 AM   #2
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

A bit off the subject but ... Another nice 'calculator' is Quick Shot. This program calculates velocity and bullet drop with a couple clicks on your keyboard

It saves a lot of trial and error reloading time.
Old June 26, 2001, 08:41 AM   #3
MADISON

Reloading Calculator?

If I have a POUND OF POWDER and need to know how many loads I can get out of it, I:

There are 7,000 grains in a pound. Divide 7,000 by the number of grains your load requires. After you have done that, SUBTRACT about 20% [for screw-ups/loss] and you have a figure to buy primers, bullets and cases from.
Old June 26, 2001, 11:39 AM   #4
CD1

Exactly. And the spreadsheet is cool because it makes it real easy to play with the numbers. Immediately change the shot charge, powder charge. If you need to load 500 rounds of 1 1/8 shot, and 17.5 grains, how much powder do you need? Easy enough to figure out, just that the spreadsheet does it faster, and it lets you change all the numbers instantly without having to go back through and recalculate. It will also price the loads for you. Again, not rocket science just slick, and saves time.
Old June 26, 2001, 12:35 PM   #5
kidcoltoutlaw

ok put me on the list there is one at to http://www.beartoothbullets.com/rescources/index.htm