The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 16, 2007, 09:10 PM   #1
TheRanch

Winchester Model 52...unique history

Hello everyone, I need a little help from someone with National Rifle Championship history knowledge. I have a beautiful Model 52 Winchester. The gun was purchased by my father in 1978, and he died in 1983 when I was 13 years old. My father was an avid gun collecter, and he was able to buy this gun off a gentleman that was dying of cancer. The man called my father, and invited him to purchase the gun. My father told me that he had won the National Rifle Championship with this rifle, and from my best memory it was in the late 1960's or ealry 1970's that this took place. My mom cannot remember the name of this man, and I have done much research trying to find the history behind this rifle. It has all the match grade components, and has a large heavy hand crafted stock for bench shooting. Does anyone have any history knowledge of these championships? Thanks, Steve
Old January 18, 2007, 01:39 AM   #2
jrothWA

Contact NRA for..

listings of the smallbore championship winners.
Explain what you listed here, they might be able to help.
Also contact, Al Juras of www.championshooterssupply.com of new Albany, Oh.
He deals strictly with smallbore (he is one) and may help.