The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 6, 2009, 04:51 PM   #1
1st Class Firearms

Meriden firearms company pump shotgun ID?

We have a Customer that brought in a Meriden pump shotgun for consignment. There is no model numbers on it and we need to identify it and find a value, if anyone can help. We already have the history of the company, we just need to ID it. Written under the Meriden name on the slide bar is "Savage Patents granted Mar. 5 1912". It has a 26" barrel marked Full, is a bottom feed and eject and the barrel comes off just like the Remington model 10 except that it has a large flat knob sticking out the end of the mag tube that needs to be pushed in and turned to remove. The serial number is 144 which is behind the trigger guard and it has a tang safety. Please look at the photos and if anyone is interested in it too, please let us know. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_2168.JPG (21.7 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg DCP_2158.JPG (44.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg DCP_2160.JPG (45.3 KB, 89 views)
Old February 11, 2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Meriden12

Meriden 12 Gauge?

1st Class Firearms,
I recently purchased a Meriden just like this one. I am interested to know if you still have yours? I require some help identifying mine, due to the need for some parts. I really want to get this project started. Thank you.
Old February 13, 2010, 04:29 AM   #3
zippy13

If I'm not mistaken, Meriden shotguns were manufactured to be sold by Sears. I suspect Sears exhausted their new Meriden parts many years ago. You might try E-gun parts (aka Numrich) for parts.