The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 26, 2007, 04:36 PM   #1
2002gti

a few Q's about bushnell holosight different models

im in the market for a new sight for one of my rifles and was wondeing what the difference is between the model(non-xlp model) that takes 2 AAA batteries and the one that takes 2 N 1.5 volt's. is one an older model and what are the differences in features. i can get the 2 AAA model for $225 and the other one is around $260. also how are the xlp's ive heard that the smaller windows make it tougher to get a good sight picture...
Old July 27, 2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Martyn4802

Bushnell Holosights are designed by EOTech, and Bushnell makes them in a Factory in Taiwan. I have two of the EOTech sights and both operate on two AA batteries. The AA batteries will last longer than the N cells and the AAA batteries.
They all work the same, projecting a red dot to 50 yards. Mounting is a breeze too. I really like mine, but can not compare them to the ones you are looking at as I have never seen those.

Martyn