The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 23, 2000, 05:49 PM   #1
SRT2OPS

I recently received the Frontsight news letter and was somewhat disturbed by the mention of "reorginize the corporation" as it was used. This sounded like a bankruptcy warning. I e-mailed frontsight to ask but they havent replied yet. I also spoke to some of their instructors that seem to have the same concerns. Does anyone know whats really going on???
Old February 23, 2000, 07:02 PM   #2
BigT

I don't know much more than what's in the newsletter. It's been dragging on for months. Hopefully, they can get this resolved and move forward. I don't want to speculate on what happened, but it was sort of a catch 22. Hard to pay for work performed when the site was closed down by county for lack of building permit, when it's understood that the cash flow from classes is being used for construction costs. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly, but that's what the courts and lawyers are for??? Plus, I've only been exposed to the Front Site view, I'm sure the construction company has their view as well. I'm anxious to see what improvements have been made since my last visit. I'll find out the end of March.
Tom
Old February 24, 2000, 03:09 AM   #3
fastforty

The newsletter that I got was pretty detailed. It basically said that the school had made many attempts to get things straightened out with the original contractor, to no avail. Also stated that they were prepared to meet the demands of the court, when (if) a decision comes to pass. I just got back, and construction has resumed at a fast clip (heh heh pun intended) with the new contractor.
Old February 24, 2000, 05:03 AM   #4
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Did they give away too many machine gun classes?

That did seem to be a bit of a desperate effort.
Old February 24, 2000, 02:46 PM   #5
Gorthaur

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Did they give away too many machine gun classes?[/quote]No, nothing like that. First Family members aren't getting any details that aren't at Front Sight.

------------------
Protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms!
No On Knight - No On 22
Old February 25, 2000, 02:34 AM   #6
BigT

FastForty,
Glad to hear we're moving forward "at a fast clip"!! I'm anxious to see the progress.
The web site has the same info and newsletter they send to the members. I appreciate the style of being up front about everything.
As for the free machine gun class, it's just their promotional campaign to get more people exposed to the facility. I don't think it's desperate, just aggressive marketing to get the name out there.
T