The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 4, 2010, 07:54 AM   #26
mapsjanhere

Cougar, I go by "never assume malice where simple stupidity might be the answer". There's plenty of people out there who never gave a second look to a fired case, and wouldn't see the problem if you told them. Brass is supposed to be reformed during reloading, that little bit of blow out isn't supposed to be an issue. And they would be right but for the fact that it's a belted cartridge, and belted cartridges are know to be poor reload candidates for just that reason.
Old November 4, 2010, 01:05 PM   #27
Cougar71

I follow what your saying. I didnt catch it either till it was pointed out to me. Still, I think I will stick with new, unfired brass for this Weatherby. Less headache!