The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 6, 2007, 04:41 PM   #1
darko

Don Hume or Bianchi 100??? Kahr P40 covert

Hey folks,
I'm looking for some opinions. I have a recently purchased Kahr P40 covert that I need to get an IWB holster for. Thus far I've narrowed my choices down to the Bianchi 100 professional and the Don Hume clip-on. The Don Hume is less money ($20 cheaper) and has a re-enforced top for easier re-holstering but does not offer protection against a portion of the weapon being in direct contact with my sweaty skin. Not to mention the discomfort of the gun biting into my flab. The Bianchi does have the added backing keeping the weapon off of me but is not re-enforced on the top, so re-holstering is a pain. I looked at the Mitch Rossen but it is about $20 more than the more expensive Bianchi (around $65). I have been using a Bianchi 6D (suede) but it has a thumb break (placed ackwardly over the grip) which makes fast draw near impossible with the small grip of the Kahr and it has to be completely removed to re-holster, (it will be sold very soon.)
Opinions please???

28:06:42:12
Old September 6, 2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Bottom Gun

I own some of each and they are both good holsters. The Bianchi holsters are slightly better quality than the Hume holsters I have but either one should serve you well.
Old September 6, 2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
I own some of each and they are both good holsters. The Bianchi holsters are slightly better quality than the Hume holsters I have but either one should serve you well.
I have to concur. I own holsters from both Don Hume and Bianchi. One of my main carry holsters is the Bianchi Professional 100 and it is an outstanding holster. The extra backing is a nice touch keeping the gun away from you and vice versa.

As far as Don Hume, they certainly make nice holsters but in my opinion Bianchi makes better holsters. The leather is thicker and the holster appears to be a sturdier. If I was buying one holster (no one buys just one holster), I'd buy the Bianchi.
Old September 10, 2007, 07:56 AM   #4
darko

Thanks for the feedback. I went with the Bianchi 100, found one in stock at sprotmans warehouse, bought it, and tried it out over the weekend. Man! what a difference. Very comfortable and conceals extremely well. It holds my pants pretty good and draws without the use of a belt, (which I don't tend to wear.) Re-holstering is also not to bad and can be accomplished without much trouble. Overall I'm extremely pleased with it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

28:06:42:12

Last edited by darko; September 10, 2007 at 11:36 AM.