The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 20, 2009, 12:16 AM   #251
700v

hey im kyle from kansas. i ride motocross and shoot.
i have several fire arms but my favorite is my rem 700 sps varmint i can shoot prarie dogs at 300 yards all day long i love it.
Old September 20, 2009, 12:55 AM   #252
ang4me

Hello,
I'm a 22-year-old aerospace engineering grad student at georgia tech. I'm a licensed airplane pilot and an avid motorcyclist. After I finish my ph.d in about a few years I hope to join the ANG and fly fighters. I've been interested in guns since I was a little kid. My family has a bunch of rifles and shotguns that I've enjoyed using, for target shooting and clay pidgeons, but I've never shot a handgun. Now that I live and work in downtown Atlanta I'm looking into getting a pistol for personal protection and fun at the range. I know I won't be able to carry on campus, but campus is pretty safe anyway, so I'm looking for a handgun for my apartment, car, and whenever I'm wandering around town. So far this forum seems great!

Last edited by ang4me; September 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old September 21, 2009, 09:09 PM   #253
dustypuddle

New

Hello im new here been on tarus net for awhile. Im from Yakima Wa. the middle and the desert of the state. We are all in to ag here for the most part. The winters can be 10- and the summers can be 110. Im 55 years young and use to hunt birds and fish all the time. Just getting in to it again.
I studied this site for a while and i really like it.Everyone seems frindly
Old September 21, 2009, 09:13 PM   #254
koolminx

Wow I don't remember ever seeing this... Or i forgot if I did...

I'm Gary and I too know everything! Just ask me

P.S. I lied, I know nothing about chokes on shotguns or what the heck a Glock (insert numerical sequence here) is...
Old September 22, 2009, 05:57 PM   #255
Rattlehead

I'm a 24-year old soldier stationed in the midwest. Fairly new to shooting, I'm using a Marlin 17 to try to build my skill in precision shooting. I've been reading the forums for some time now, figured I'd register so I could participate in some of the conversation.

Last edited by Rattlehead; September 22, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old September 22, 2009, 07:16 PM   #256
GreySmoke

I may have missed this also... I'm a 52 year old IT Consulting Practice Strategy Lead. Just ordered my first handgun, a 4" SA XD 45acp w/thumb saftey. I haven't shot anything since I was just out of college but I'm looking for some non-competition weekend shooting and also personal protection for the home as these are becoming trying times...I'm also a cigar guy and have been on several cigar boards.
Old September 23, 2009, 02:57 AM   #257
Terryar15

Hi I am New

Hi I am new to this forum nice to meet you guys...
Old September 23, 2009, 09:56 AM   #258
b1k3

Primers

Hey there, the new guy. Looking for a place to share info about primers.
I make my own.
Old September 23, 2009, 09:42 PM   #259
RETG

Short introduction.
Officially retired, but still working for Uncle Sam...figure that one out. (And, I am not retired from the military; although I did serve what seems like a hundred years ago.)
Living in Southeastern Utah.
Glad to be here, and like someone else said, after visiting USA carry a few times, I never joined. So, I looked around and viewed this site, and it appears to be a nice forum.
Old September 23, 2009, 09:54 PM   #260
surplus lover

Just started collecting curio and relic arms about 4 months ago but I love the way they feel and look. My wife says she doesn't see the beauty in an old rifle but I reminded her she will get old someday too and I'll still think she's purty too. Have 2 Mosins (m-38 and m-44) and a Remington 1903 on lay away(1942)Plus a 91/30 (1930 ) Mosin.
Old September 24, 2009, 03:38 PM   #261
finalrequiem

I'm not new, but I've been away from the board for a long, long time. Doubt anyone remembers me (as I was more of a lurker) but it was comforting to see pretty much the same people discussing the same "which caliber is better" topics . Glad to be back...
Old September 26, 2009, 05:05 AM   #262
Martin_tu

Greetings from South Africa.

Hi Brothers.
I'm Martin Hedington, 58 years old, living in South Africa and been involved in the SA Firearm lobby one way or another for about fifteen years. I'm not a Hunter but I do carry 24/7. (I'm a rolly man personally).

I've served my brethren on SA Gunowners Association, Gun Owners of South Africa for the last five years -www.gunownerssa.org and more recently as admin on the Black Gun Owners Association of South Africa, www.bgoasa.co.za (Y'just need a black gun to join, LOL!).

I was proviledged (and 'flush' enough at the time, LOL!) to sponsor the 1-hour 'Political DVD' on the social ramifications of civilian South African Gun Ownership, featuring Larry Pratt, Charl van Wyk and (at the time) the Chief of Police Robert -the bomber- McBride.

As GM of the sole pro-firearm NGO/CBO in SA, I also published the SA 'survival handbook' 'Conditioned Victim? Your Choice!'

Although I originally TFL over teo years ago, you may have heard we've been rather busy of late with the new gunlaws, pleae forgive my absence (as a lurker).

Anything you'd like to know about South African Gunlaw, or just how we adapt ourselves to fifty murders a day here, just ask. I'll try and accomodate.
Oh yeah, I am also a Registered Private Security Officer and S/D firearm coach so also carry for that reason daily.
Old September 26, 2009, 09:10 PM   #263
NRALIFER

Glad to be a part of TFL

HI TFL I joined in September after eaves dropping for a while and thought I should be a member. I was shy about joining because I had never before posted anywhere, I find it quite simple and not as intimidating as I thought. This is a group of folks I felt i REALLY needed to associate with and thanks for having me. I have always enjoyed reading your insightful and often witty posts and replies.
Old September 29, 2009, 04:13 AM   #264
Wilf

Hi everyone

Would really like to talk to someone about some basic pistol sighting queries I have. If any experienced shooters have a little spare time i have some questions i would appreciate some answes to.

[Go to Handguns General forum and pose your questions. - Bud]
Old September 30, 2009, 03:40 AM   #265
Currahe11bravo87

Hello, my names Patrick, i love guns and i love to got shoting,and my love for guns started as soon as i was issued my m16 A4 in my 2nd day of OSUT at Ft. Bennig, i serve in the Arkansas National Guard, i spent 9 months in Iraq with the 39th
Old September 30, 2009, 08:26 PM   #266
tarheel34

Almost New

I was an AF crewmember (1953 – 1973) so I was familiar, but never really good, with the .45 cal Model 1911. Later in my AF career, we switched to .38s. Then, after retiring from the AF, I spent 8 years with the Postal Inspection Service, carrying a S&W Model 10 .38 Special. Left the Inspection Service in the early 80s and fired my Model 13 .357 Magnum probably a maximum of 20 rounds…and never once since about 1990. Probably due to the direction our beloved country seems to be headed, I recently became interested in weapons again. I completed the course for a CHL and am waiting for the Texas DPS to issue my license. I passed my .357 along to my son-in-law but bought two semi-auto pistols (M&P and M&P Compact). They seem to work better for an old guy with arthritic hands. I appreciate all the knowledge I have gained over the past couple of months while reading posts from guys like all of you.
Old September 30, 2009, 08:54 PM   #267
miker84

Not completely new, but I never posted on this thread. My dad was a Marine (Korea) and he and I used to go out plinking a lot. I recently got back into the hobby and have learned a lot from this site. I'm getting my stuff together to start reloading and I plan to build an AR15.
Old October 3, 2009, 11:17 PM   #268
Zildjian

Zildjian

Hello, just dropping by to let TFL know i'm also a new member and am glad
to have become one. Been on 2 days and have gotten some help and just want to say thanks for the info . I'm 55 yrs. old and don't do much anymore.,
but I still love my guns . Have re-loaded in the past and cast quite a few bullets in my time. I am Diabetic , full of fun and just trying to get by like any
other squirrel. Glad to join in on something I like very much and hope to help and contribute whenever possible.
Old October 4, 2009, 05:38 PM   #269
sonofsarge

2/A supporter in Mo.

Always looking for fellow enthusiasts to chat with.
Missouri CCW Instructor
Old October 13, 2009, 08:06 AM   #270
BK.

Fret not; I have arrived.

Last edited by BK.; October 13, 2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old October 13, 2009, 04:50 PM   #271
cycleguru

Another new guy

Hi. I just joined the fun a couple of days ago. I'm 62 but not old. I ride mountain bikes, own and operate a bicycle shop, and like to shoot handguns. Currently I have a Colt 1911, a Rossi .357 revolver (which I carry on early morning rides in the mountains since I came face to face with a cougar a while back), a Cat9, and a Mossberg 12ga. for home defence. I'm a former Marine and a Nam vet.
Old October 14, 2009, 07:50 AM   #272
1.s.1.k

Member for a wile now i think its time to start posting more.
Past L.E.O now working as a welder/fiter.
Old October 14, 2009, 09:07 PM   #273
reloader28

howdy. I'm from northwest Wyo. and run a const. co. I shoot several thousand rounds a year and reload for myself and several friends. We have our own pistol rang , trap range with dugout , and rifle range with targets out to 1000 yds altho we could go farther but why? We make our own bullets and have had good success with them even killing animals. I've been reading the forums for a few months and wanted to get involved and add my 2 cents on my experiences and get help when I need it.

Last edited by reloader28; October 17, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old October 15, 2009, 01:27 AM   #274
Aussie Pete

Hi every body. I've been treading this earth, respectfully, for 58 years now. I'm from Australia, Queensland living out in the country on a small goat farm. I'm a consulting senior engineer in the Building Management Systems arena.
I've been shooting from the age of 10 or 11 years, can't remember which and I'm a keen black powder shooter for the last 35 years or so.
I collect British military long arms from 1853 through to the end of the second world war along with the associated accouterments.
I'm looking forward to learning from you and also sharing some of my experience.
Be talking with you soon.

Last edited by Aussie Pete; October 15, 2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old October 15, 2009, 01:17 PM   #275
DaveTec

Hi, I'm Dave from Oklahoma. 44 years young, and love to shoot. I've been shooting since I can remember and I just recently signed on here.

Looks like a nice forum, and I look forward to conversing with you all.

Regards,
Dave

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent