The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 22, 2010, 12:36 PM   #1
WacosSon

Dumb Question about a Sling

Just barely got into using a sling. My rifle was all clips, but my shotgun has swivels on it. It's possible that I purchased the wrong type of sling for it but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the slip mounted on the swivels. I feel like an idiot. Can anyone offer advice? This is the sling I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

I know it says "no swivels required" but I figured I could use it with them anyway. On one side I was able to unthread the clip and get it onto one of the swivels, but I have no idea what to do with the other side. Should I just get a different sling? Should I cut it and sew it on? Thoughts? Thanks

-WS
Old February 22, 2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Pahoo

Quote:
It's possible that I purchased the wrong type of sling
Yes Sir but you if you wish, you can still use it as is or modify it. Thankfully, this one is adjustable so that is in your favor. These sinch types will mar your finish on metal a wood. I don't know if you could send it back but if not, go ahead and modify it. Most for what you wold need, comes from Uncle Mikes. I have modified a few and hardware as well as stitching, is readily available. When you cut the nylon strap, you can reseal the end with a lighter. Just go slow. Hope this helps.

Be Safe !!!
Old February 22, 2010, 01:02 PM   #3
WacosSon

I appreciate it. So is the difference between this one and the correct one that the correct one has two "cinches" so that it can be threaded on both ends? Thats mainly what I'm seeing online.
Old February 22, 2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Pahoo

Quote:
So is the difference between this one and the correct one that the correct one has two "cinches"
Yes Sir. There are many options out there and I think what might be confusing you is that the others that you are seeing, have swivels on them and you alread have them on your shotgun. Go to Midway and take a look at product number 273063 or 2403124215. You can take the swivels off and string the end of the slings through your existing swivels and reinstall your fasteners. They also make a Black Tactical type sling that has sythetic snaps, that just snap over existing gun mounted swivels. As I said, there are many places to buy these as well as many options.

Be Safe !!!
Old February 22, 2010, 02:19 PM   #5
WacosSon

Thank you kindly. Clears up alot!

-WS