The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 27, 2009, 06:31 PM   #76
csmsss

I'm late to this particular party, and haven't read all of the responses, but here's my take on the OP. If a U.S. citizen is on the watch list, and hasn't otherwise done anything which would prohibit him/her from legally obtaining a firearm, then his/her presence on such a list shouldn't be used to deny the purchase of a firearm. For a non-US citizen? I have no objection whatsoever to denying any non-citizen the ability to purchase a firearm, even on seemingly flimsy grounds.
Old June 27, 2009, 06:35 PM   #77
chemgirlie

Quote:
What is your point, exactly? I'm not sure what your trying to say here.
The name that you purchase an airline ticket under is the one run through the no fly list. If I steal Jane Doe's identity or create a new one and use it to buy a plane ticket my real name is never run through the list, just the fake/stolen one.
Old June 27, 2009, 06:53 PM   #78
rampage841512

Quote:
The name that you purchase an airline ticket under is the one run through the no fly list. If I steal Jane Doe's identity or create a new one and use it to buy a plane ticket my real name is never run through the list, just the fake/stolen one.
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. Just one more reason to do away with list altogether. I wasn't quite sure if the comment was made to shore up another arguement, or to attack one. Too much reading of too many subjects today have got my head spinning.