The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 29, 2011, 07:19 PM   #1001
AEnemaBay

Been lurking for a long, long time. Even before I made an account (that I forgot I had). Hopefully I'll be of some use.

Old October 30, 2011, 05:26 PM   #1002
tathamr

Hello,

I have been trolling the forums for a year or so and decided to make my first introductory post.

I am currently residing in the state of texas and work with computers for a living. I am about to purchase my first handgun and shotgun and decided to make my first introductory post.
Old October 30, 2011, 08:52 PM   #1003
gnarSKYLER

Whats up!

I've been shooting for awhile, but Im finally old enough and have the cash flow to purchase my own firearm. Buying my first handgun this week. I'm super stoked! Hope to learn lots from the forum, seems like a good community here.
Old November 5, 2011, 08:56 PM   #1004
b5.5dan

Hello, All!
My name's Dan, and while I've been lurking for a little while, I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm an History and US Government teacher (high school) in Northern Utah, husband, father, etc. Love being a father; the husband thing is ok.
Anyway, I haven't been shooting very long, but I know that this is what I was born to do haha! I have a "few" guns... A 20ga, an old Enfield 1917, and a couple of other rifles. What I really, REALLY love though, is pistoleering, and for that, my CZs serve me well every time.

Well, that was a long post. I look forward to getting to know you guys (and gals). Take care!

Old November 9, 2011, 03:17 PM   #1005
JWalt

New today!

Hello to all! I just found this site and am very excited to use it and learn from you all. I have been shooting for 50 years (looks worse in print...) and reloading for about 40. At one time I could reload 22 different calibers including 4 shotgun sizes. Wish I could tell you I knew all of it but frankly the older I get the less it seams I know. Thanks for letting me join!

John
Lexington KY
Old November 11, 2011, 02:38 PM   #1006
Mikey the Barbarian

Greetings, TFL. I am Mike, living and working in Buda, Texas. I'm currently studying gunsmithing, more for personal education than for profit, although someday, who knows?

I've found that gunsmiths are, at least the ones I've met and spoken with face to face, friendly, helpful and willing to share information about the work. It's a community of good folks who don't appear to jealously guard knowledge.

Mikey the Barbarian

You might be wondering why it took me so long to post here, but I've had some medical issues, a few hospital visits, and doctors and nurses poking and prodding me these past few years. Things are looking better now, and I hope to be able to contribute to the forum in some small measure.
Old November 11, 2011, 07:06 PM   #1007
molleur

Fantastic site!

I have lurked around here for a bit now and decided to register. Retired Master Sgt (in 1982), so I'm an old vet type. Been shooting almost everything since I was six years old and handling a 12 Ga Mossberg.
Just refurbished and 922r'd my Norinco AK. Bought it 15 years ago and it was a "closet queen" until recently. Romy side folder and Ironwood furniture. Nice! Thanks for the welcome, and a big thanks to the vet's out there today!
Old November 12, 2011, 06:06 PM   #1008
Team Sidewinder

Been getting lots of good information here on this forum so decided to join as the folks here seem respectful and helpful. Have never owned a lot of guns but the ones I do have get used because if I don't shoot it on a regular basis then I don't need it.
Old November 13, 2011, 11:55 PM   #1009
ton720

hi

36 year old got a few ??? and thought this would be a good place to get answers. Now if only I could figure out where to post each one.
Old November 15, 2011, 12:24 AM   #1010
cptnugget

Reintroduction - first firearm

I introduced myself earlier this year, but it took a while to actually buy my first firearm. After much deliberation and money-finding I bought a Buck Mark Camper with the flat stainless finish. Ultimately I just had to have it.
Old November 15, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1011
Wilson811

Hello New Member here, trying to figure it all out! One general question i am trying to get refered to a goog pricing guide. I have 44 mag Ruger 7 1/2 barrel all stainless and want to find out what i should ask for it. I'm looking to replace it with a more concealable gun and must clear out a few guns prior to getting a new one. (The wife's request LOL)
Old November 16, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1012
Keksmonster0991

Hello to all !

My name is Dennis and I finally found the courage to register

I like TFL a lot and was in "silent mode" until now.

I'm from germany and currently I'am working as a geriatric psychiatric nurse.
Mostly I'm plinking for fun but competitive shooting is also quite nice. I'm also owner of the "kleine Waffenschein" which is similar to your CCP.

Would love to share some experiences with you!

Keep up the good work here !

Greetings from across the ocean!
Old November 17, 2011, 08:12 PM   #1013
ohdeuce

Noob

Hello all.
Thanks for the access to the wealth of information on your forum.
Hopefully I can add to it with my own lil' tid bits of info.

Sam.
Old November 17, 2011, 10:05 PM   #1014
Catrucker

I found this forum while searching info on Ruger Mark2 triggers. I just got into bullseye shooting, and am having a blast.
I'm no young pup, at 52, so I don't know everything anymore!!!!
Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Old November 19, 2011, 11:30 PM   #1015
WRustyLane

Introduce yourself here

Howdy to all,
I've been shooting BP for a number of years now and enjoy casting my own boolits, reloading and shooting a number of different rifles and pistols. My favorite is a Colt .45 clone. However, I don't shoot CAS as of yet. Hopefully that will come later. WRL
Old November 21, 2011, 12:55 PM   #1016
BellaD

Hi! I am new to posting on here, but have been a lurker for years. I was one of the first 2,000 people to receive their WI CCP. I have been a "gun nut" since I was 16 and it was one of the biggest reasons that my fiancé said he fell in love with me.

I'm looking forward to interacting and getting to know you all.
Old November 22, 2011, 05:41 AM   #1017
firefyter55

New kid on the block.

Hello gents and ladies. New guy here to this forum. Thought I would introduce myself. Been shooting all my life. Mostly pistol and defensive rifle but starting to branch out into the longer range toys. Just picked up a Savage 10PC 5R and anxious to shoot it when I get home. Currently in Afghanistan as a GOV Contract Firefighter. Here to learn first and foremost and hopefully contribute where I can. Oh and I normally live in the Phoenix valley of AZ. See you all around the board.

Justin
Old November 24, 2011, 11:13 AM   #1018
ray1944

New here

Looks like a nice forum, I am in Oregon. I like to collect knives, case gerber and buck
Old November 24, 2011, 01:26 PM   #1019
todd51

Hello folks, I am just an old plinker that has been accumulating guns by selling and buying for some where around 40 years. Been reloading for over 30 years. My interest are mostly with handguns and .22LR rifles. I am a retired firefighter that served 28 years on a suburban fire dept. in central Ohio. Have some property in southeast Ohio where I have set up a home made range out to 100 yards. I and some of my old friends go there as often as possible to just have fun. We refer to ourselves as The Old Guys and we have a ball even though none of us is expert in any thing gun related except having fun shooting them. We are headed down there tomorrow to try out some new acquisitions, in particular a new to me S&W Model 19-4 4" nickel and a new 4x scope I just put on a Ruger MK III Hunter. One of the Old Guys has just picked up a Beretta Neos that he wants to shoot with the grandkids. Another Old Guy which we have just introduced to the joys of plinking wants to try his S&W 22A.

Todd
Old November 29, 2011, 09:30 AM   #1020
Skylarkmachine

Newbie needs source for a custom barrel

Glad I stumbled on this site, lots of great information.
Need help, looking for someone to custom make a smoothbore stainless barrel 18 inches long with a 1" O.D. and a .625 I.D. to shoot a round diameter steel ball at around 125 to 300 feet per second for a eyeglass ballistic machine I need to manufacture.
Can't find anyone who has the tooling for that size.
Can anybody help?

Thanks
Mark

[Staff note: Go ahead and start your own thread right here in General Discussion. This thread is for intros only. - Bud Helms]
Old November 29, 2011, 01:58 PM   #1021
Marsus

Hello from Italy

hello All,my name is Giovanni (john) and live in Italy,I love hunting and the outdoor life. I collect American firearms,American traditional bows,American knives and American belt buckles,like the charging of cartridges and use only equipment made in USA.Sorry for my english but helped me with the translator.
Thanks
Old November 30, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1022
Mnrepoman

Hello fellow gun lovers,
I'm Bill from Ark. (formerly MN). I just learned of your site, and thought it might help loll away the long winter evenings. I've hunted for years and done a fair amount of shooting, so your site should prove interesting and helpful.
Thanks, Bill
Old December 1, 2011, 02:09 PM   #1023
bobquickshot

Hello.

I like reloading every kind of ammunition, pistol, revolver, shotgun & rifle.
I regret not being able of reloading for big ordnance gun!

My best regards.

BoB
Old December 4, 2011, 10:26 AM   #1024
grouchman

new here

hello world. new here , looking for info on a sks ,I have come across
Old December 4, 2011, 11:33 AM   #1025
sfacash

new

inherited a S&W 38 and looking for info

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent