The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 6, 2014, 11:08 AM   #1776
diggler1833

Hello, new here from VA (for a few more months, then back to NC). Been shooting for ~30 years and enjoy it a lot. Have 17 years in the Marines at this point and am looking forward to my first retirement.

Look forward to communicating with you!
Old October 6, 2014, 01:37 PM   #1777
HeadShrinker

Hello everyone, I'm Phil. I have been learning a lot on this forum for quite some time, but for many years, (while I was raising a mentally ill son), I didn't have any guns... so had very little to offer. Now he is gone a year or so, and won't be back, so I am slowly getting back into my hobby, and joined up. Yesterday I picked up a CZ 75 Compact PCR... (after my waiting period). I was so anxious to get to the gun shop I got a speeding ticket... $140... yes indeed... almost 60 but when it comes to a new pistol, I'm 18 again.
I cleaned it this morning, got all that packing grease off of it... took it to the range before work, and put 150 rounds of Blazer and Remington ball through it. And I will say, preliminarily, it is one of the nicest, most accurate little pistols I have ever shot. I put out the red at 10 yards... like you get rid of the red star at an arcade... I got rid of the red circle... if anyone can even understand my unsophisticated hand-gunning language.
Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning and sharing.
Old October 12, 2014, 09:08 PM   #1778
greencobra

Noob to the forum

Hello from Massachusetts. New to the forum here but 40+ years shooting, handgun mostly, and reloading. A friend got me to come to the site here a few days ago, liked what I read and joined today. Looks like people with a lot of knowledge frequent this place, hopefully I can contribute something as well. See you around.
Old October 15, 2014, 01:19 PM   #1779
sirpainter

Howdy

My name is John & I'm in Laramie, WY. I have come here for 1 reason.
I'm not a gun guy. But eat lots of elk & deer. Yummy. Anyway I bought this gun case at a estate sale this year. And I have hundreds of hours on the net. And Here locally in person trying to get some info. Have even emailed some museums. And Outers.

I needed a wider search range, so here I am.
It's a Outer metal gun case. I'll put some pics in. I know by now there is some value cause I can't find it. But some history would be nice.

Well I can't put some pics up just yet. There to big.
I don't know. I whittled on them, saved as gif? I guess now I have 2 Q's

Ok-It's 45" long x 8" wide x 4" deep. Brown body, both ends wrapped in black & decorative scroll work with the name Outers etched in. the company letter font.
Any Ideas
John
Old October 15, 2014, 01:24 PM   #1780
sirpainter

I thought I did introduce myself. I guess I need someone to hold my hand n guide me thru
Old October 15, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1781
Mal H
Staff

sirpainter - This thread is for introductions only so your question may not get answered satisfactorily. I would suggest re-asking it in the Gear and Accessories forum.
Old October 26, 2014, 08:19 PM   #1782
freedash22

Hello Everyone!

Hey TFL, my name is freedash22 and I have been lurking around for a while now and posting for a bit. I am excited about this forum because I love firearms in general and am interested in the topics being discussed here about rifles. I live in the Philippines and own a few firearms. I am 27 years old and I have been shooting since I was five. I like to read a lot and I also would like to share. Hoping to do some first impressions on some rifles as well, eventually in the right thread.
Old November 1, 2014, 02:11 PM   #1783
pablof

introduction

Hello everyone.

I'm Paul, live in OK, and am retired USAF medic. Benn a S & W fanatic whole life (74 now), and shooting remains my no 1 hobby/sport. I have a lot to discuss but need to find my way around the site first. My primary C/C weapon is a model 65 4" 357 mag.

Have a great, safe weekend, and don't leave home without it!, and call me Pablof Thanks, all
Old November 3, 2014, 08:23 AM   #1784
freedash22

Where to post rifle photos

Hi moderators, do you have a thread where we can just post pictures on rifles we happen to come across in our trips? I have some I got on gun shows and Defense Exhibits in the Philippines and I was wondering if I could share these with the community.
Old November 6, 2014, 02:23 AM   #1785
Gearmoe

Did my best

As a new member I'd like to let everyone know I posted many times as Gearmoe in attempts to educate the public in reference to the facts of 591 and 594. Did my best. Hope 594 is found unsuitable for the law books.
Old November 9, 2014, 12:42 PM   #1786
Bolt-Action-Brit

Greetings to all.

Hi All.

Stumbled across this forum. I enjoy shooting, but we are pretty limited in this country. I shoot a Lee Enfield No4 mk2 and shotguns, plus anything else I can get hold of (legally) !

You folks are so lucky (apart from those in California, I believe) and have a great variety in your firearms.

Look forward to reading and learning.

John
Old November 10, 2014, 09:53 PM   #1787
swissfist

hello

Hi everyone, Swissfist here and I hail from the People's Republic of Chicago, where alot of us are exercising our 2nd Amendment rights with a vengeance. Grew up with a good buddy who's dad was a collector/shooter/reloader etc.and learned a lot from him. A life long interest gree from there but could not openly pursue it on account of living in Liberalpussistan. Had some nice shotguns and rifles but no handguns til a few years ago. So I have been playing catch up, but its fun. I know a little about a lot so I hope you all can help me fill in the missing pieces when I need them. Thanks for being here.
Old November 11, 2014, 04:52 AM   #1788
ziztactical

New From Texas

I'm new to the forum and I'm from Texas.

Have a great Veteran's Day!
Old November 11, 2014, 08:22 AM   #1789
ZippyDude

Hello from the WV

New member from the WV. Shooter, reloader, hunter, etc.
Been doing this a fair while. Glad to be here ... and learn some new things and share what I may know.
Old November 14, 2014, 05:22 PM   #1790
1911 obsessed

1911 obsessed

I've gotten a lot of good information on TFL over the past few years have decided it's about time to sign up! Some sites visited in the past have a thread start out on topic only to degenerate into arguments between a couple of guys that know more than the other one does. I've always found TFL to be informative and courteous to people that simply want a correct answer and not just someones opinion. I call Wylie, Texas home and am old enough to retire but with the state of the economy am unable to do so. The pleasure portion of my life after my family involves Harley-Davidson motorcycles and the 1911 handgun, both to me American icons. I look forward to being a part of The Firing Line and hopefully be of some assistance to some novice that simply wants an answer to a subject I may be familiar with.
Old November 16, 2014, 02:18 PM   #1791
phudd

I like to shoot fast

New member from NC. I am a gunmaker and have been an avid competitive shooter (not so much in the last two years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0joaQpLzVjs
Old November 16, 2014, 10:22 PM   #1792
Emerson Biggies

Old codger. 71 years. Started shooting and hunting at 14. Stopped hunting when the old man made me gut everything I shot.
Clanked anchors in the navy for four years as a computer techie during Viet Nam. Nobody ever shot at me though.
Live and grew up in Michigan. Was gone for 35 years, but came back for cold punishment. Reloading now for about 25 years, but I will never be a real expert.
Favorite gun is the LAR Big Boar 50 bmg, but reloading for it is expensive.
I can learn a lot from you guys for sure. I'm lurking here behind your computer screen!
Old November 16, 2014, 11:09 PM   #1793
ray22

Life long shooter from east Texas. Rebuilding my collection after losing everything in a fire 4 years ago. Building AR's and mauser action long guns are a real passion as well as shooting in USPSA matches.
Old November 18, 2014, 01:50 PM   #1794
FDTChicago

New from Chicago

Hello all,
My real name is Chris, but the reason I am on this forum is because I am working on opening up a shooting range. My business will be located in the city of Chicago, and be titled, Firearms Defense Training Centers.

I am interested in getting advice from owners already out there, and gauging public interest in the greater Chicago area for bringing my business to market. While still about a year out, it is an exciting time for me as a new entrepreneur.

I am an avid shooter, former law enforcement, and lifetime hunter. I hope to bring firearms training, access, and recreation to Chicago.

Thank you for welcoming me to your community.
Old November 19, 2014, 03:54 PM   #1795
blacksheepone

From Belgium

Hey there I'm Kurt 41y from Belgium.
I love to shoot Western style guns SAA's , Lever actions, etc.. and vintage WWI and WWII handguns and rifles.
Since we can always learn from each other and help each other I joined the forum...
Old November 19, 2014, 11:42 PM   #1796
Dirtie Harrie

Hey guys. New to the firing line, fairly new to owning firearms. Please forgive me if I post in the wrong place from time to time here. I assure you it won't be intentional... heh
Old November 26, 2014, 04:19 PM   #1797
FNMAUSER

Newbe here.

Been reading and lurking for bit, thought I might have something to add especially to hunters looking to come up to Alaska or for mauser firearms. I hunt up here in Alaska….I'm newly retired, and hope to learn as well as contribute here on the site. Thanks….
FNMauser

Last edited by FNMAUSER; November 26, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old November 27, 2014, 10:51 AM   #1798
Taz069

Happy Thanksgiving

Good morning all, new to the site. 44 years of age go by the given name David, reside in the florida panhandle. Have been a avid hunter for most of my life and looking into some gun builds. Preferably the 308 platform, ar-10, and bolt action. Looking forward to interacting with the crew.
Old November 28, 2014, 08:17 PM   #1799
aherrera773

Introduction

Hello
Been enthusiast of a weapons since I was a kid. CNC machinist by trade a reloader since the 90's. Currently loading 9mm,.357/38spl,45 auto, 30-06 and .223. Looks like a lot of good discussions happen here. From Albuquerque NM.
Old November 29, 2014, 06:40 AM   #1800
Para72

Hello, my name is Scott. I live in the great northwest. Im fairly new to precision shooting and am looking forward to learning more about it!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent