The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

View Poll Results: 220 Carry Finish
Regular Black 9 39.13%
Stainless 12 52.17%
Equinox 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 12, 2009, 10:27 PM   #1
jwalker497

Sig 220 Carry Finish

I have decided to go with a Sig 220 for Home Defense as opposed to a Glock 21. I was suprised but Sig maintained a slim but consistent lead throughout. Now I have to sory my way the mryiad of Sig Pistols to determine which model I would like.

I have narrowed it down to the following
Sig 220 Carry Regular Model, cheapest but have lots of black guns
Sig 220 Carry Elite Stainless, always like SS guns, most expemsove
Sig 220 Carry Equinox, finish looks very cool but its hard to understand what it would look like in person.

This is strictly a vote on the finish. I have decided that the 220 carry is the way to go for me but now I need help in determining which finish. Thanks.
Old March 12, 2009, 11:39 PM   #2
jwalker497

PS - I would really love to See Pictures of any of the models in my poll but most importantly the Equinox. I've searched all over the internet and just cant seem to find any decent pictures of this model. I am having a hard time understanding exactly what it looks like. Please, if you have any pics of the Equinox, please submit them, they would be very helpful. Thanks!
Old March 13, 2009, 12:04 PM   #3
rugerdawg

you might try the "sigforum.com"....pictures and info abound
Old March 13, 2009, 06:12 PM   #4
jpoolsmyd2

For HD, go black. Stainless gives you no tactical advantage and acutally can have disadvantages. The black will not reflect light - SS will. Now I'm not saying that a SS pistol will give you away or make you a huge target in an already low-light situation, but if you are getting this solely for HD, then just get the blued finish that is standard on the P220. IMO, a true combat pistol should have the least reflective surface possible.

On the other hand, if you have other motives like just wanting a really really good looking SS pistol, then definately get the SS p220. If you want a really really really really cool looking finish, get the Equinox. I almost bought one when I purchased my P220 (standard bluing) and man that is one shweeet finish. Sorry, no pics. Decided that I was using this for HD mainly so didn't spring for the extra money just to have it out of sight all the time.
Old March 13, 2009, 06:18 PM   #5
varoadking

Sig 220 Carry Elite Stainless