The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 8, 2009, 11:16 PM   #26
tacdriver22mk2

wow i feel retarded i never thought of using s non marring dowl and a hammer like object but i got it apart and iv never seen so much gunk and crap in a gun like that but its fairly clean now and together and waiting for another 1000 rounds ... agan but now i have a new problem the mainspring housing i had to smack it a couple of times to get the pin in its no big deal or any thing but its an added annoyance to have to smack it to take it apart and to put it back in but i would rather it work like its sopposed to
Old July 8, 2009, 11:20 PM   #27
Colt1911forever

That is how they work.... Rugers are tight and the simply require these tools. It is a bit old school.
Old July 8, 2009, 11:38 PM   #28
gopack

A fit tight enough to require beating the bolt stop pin out pin is probably due to a slight misalignment of the bolt stop holes in the receiver and grip frame. You can use the bolt stop pin as an alignment tool by inserting in in the top of the receiver and tapping (with a nonmarring hammer) on the muzzle or end of the receiver, as appropriate, while pushing down on the bolt stop pin. (shown in the guntalk-onlie/service section).

The first time I field stripped and assembled a Ruger I had visions of a box of parts looking for a gunsmith. Ruger's instructions are exactly right if you know how to do the procedure. I repeated the procedure 3 times to ensure I understood how it came apart and went back together. Like most things, with a little practice, it isn't that hard.

Look at the bright side. If you have a Ruger that has a very tight grip frame-receiver fit, you keep it in like because it knows you will whale on it with a hammer when you get it home.
Old September 9, 2009, 07:53 PM   #29
tacdriver22mk2

it wasnot my falt the mainspring housing pin that attaches to the pin that goes through the reciver i got that pin back in and its awsom now i upgraded the heck out of it the pin must have simply drifted out thanks every body
Old September 9, 2009, 07:59 PM   #30
varoadking

Following the directions that come with the piece, or a few moments with Bullseye57 if all else fails, is all you need...

Folks that avoid a Ruger MK series .22 because they are afraid to tackle the field stripping process are missing out one terrific rimfire...

Tags
.22 , 22lr , mk2 pistol , mkii , ruger