The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 13, 2006, 11:51 PM   #1
reaper715

Low Recoil Ammo In M2

I Bought A Bennelli M2 To Use At Work (leo) Because A Friend Told Me The M2 Is An Update Of M1 And Will Shoot The Standard Low Recoil Buck And Slugs We Use. We Have M1,s But Have To Use Full Powered Ammo To Cycle The Action. When I Bought It I Went To My Range And Ran Some Low Recoil Rounds Through It. It Functioned Flawlessly. The Only Exception Is The Spent Shells Did Not Eject Far.
Now I Have Qualified With This Shotgun For Work Carry But I Added A Pelican Light That Is Attached To A Clamp On The Magazine Tube. When I Was Qualifying It Would Hang A Spent Shell In The Chamber. The Shell Would Be Barely In The Gun Like It Was Going To Eject But Hung Up At The Last Second. This Is A Problem Since It Won,t Cycle And This Would Be Bad If I Wa Using It At Work.
Someone Told Me That Adding The Light Unbalanced It Causing The Failure To Eject. Is This True?
Anyone Know If The Surefire Integrated Mount Allows It To Function With The Low Recoil Ammo?
Just Curious, For Now I Will Stick To My 870
Thanks In Advance For The Input
Old July 14, 2006, 10:41 AM   #2
Fifth Wheel

M1s and M2s are not designed to carry a lot of added weight. This is what the M4 is designed for. Keep your M2 as stock as possible, and it should work just fine.