The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 16, 2004, 01:37 AM   #1
springfieldmaniac

Paul Salchow/Simmons Gun Repair #1!! Best of the Best!!

Hi everyone; I wanted to come here and publicly endorse Paul Salchow/Simmons Gun Repair in Olathe,Kansas.
First off,Paul is an absolute gentleman,and a pleasure to deal with in every aspect.Many of you know about my experience with Wilson Combat and defective Armor-tuff finish from my previous post at TFL.To make a long story short,Paul read about my awful experience and felt bad about the situation.My transaction with Wilson Combat left a bad taste in my mouth for Gun-Koting my gun,but after communicating with Paul,he assured me properly applied/cured "Gun Kote" is very durable.After numerous e-mails I was put at ease,and shipped my gun off to Paul for a refinish in Semi-Gloss Black, what at Simmons Gun Repair is called "Simguard".Basically,KG products which I assume are varities of what we all know to be called Gun-Kote etc.
He gave me a super fast turn-around time,and the gun came back today.It is awsome to say the least! He did a beautiful job on the finish,and the solvent I use does not affect the finish I'm pleased to announce.I'm very pleased with the quality of work, the good heart and kindness shown by Paul Salchow.I highly recommend Paul Salchow & Simmons Gun Repair for any of your gun-smithing or refinishing needs.I'm not making any promises,but if I can find someone to shoot a pic of her with a digital camera, I'll try to get a picture up here in the future.Thanks again to a great man, Paul Salchow!!!
Best Regards,Ralph

http://www.simmonsguns.com/html/repair.htm

P.S. Simmons Gun Repair warranties Simguard finish against rust for 5 years.They stand behind their work 100%

Last edited by springfieldmaniac; October 16, 2004 at 09:34 AM. Reason: info/spelling