The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 27, 2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Normb263

Now I have an idea what a "Sniper Rifle Is !

Went to the range today to see if the 6 of us could poison the ground water with the amount of lead we shot.. Good effort on all of our parts. One young friend with the dreaded "gun Sickness" brought along his 2 .308's amd .300 Win Mag he'd just completed. I can't believe what is possible in building a "sniper rifle". The .300 had a heavy fluted barrel on a Savage 110 action(memory might be failing on that one), Macmillan stock and aBushnell 6500 6-24 scope. He dialled it in to the burm at the end of the range.(550 yds)With scope dialed up to 24 and off of sand bags and a Harris bipod any one of the 6 of us was hitting small pieces of clay pigeon at that distance. Man, I don't care what that costs I have got to have one!!! those of you who shoot at great distances, what would look at as a great "tack squasher" platform?

Last edited by Normb263; November 28, 2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Need to get fome educated opinions
Old November 29, 2009, 02:02 PM   #2
PDXGS

Here's a nice package:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=380819
Slap an SWFA Super Sniper scope on it and you're good to go. To match the gun though, you should plan on spending a bit more on optics.

Last edited by PDXGS; November 29, 2009 at 02:21 PM.