The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 3, 2015, 05:49 PM   #1
Retiredhunter

Hard gun cases for SBR's

I have a 300 AAC Blackout with a 9 inch barrel. I am looking for a case like a Pelican but have only found 36in-50in cases. I have a Burris scope mount and a Millett scope. My gun is 26 1/4 in when my stock is shortened. Does anyone know a website / manufacturer who has the foam already cut out for SBR.s. I would even like one where I brake my gun in half. Maybe room for my suppressor and a cut out for a spare magazine. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. It is the last piece of a expensive project. Thx........

You guys helped me build the gun......just one last tidbit of info
Old March 3, 2015, 07:04 PM   #2
Sharkbite

Look at the Pelican 1495
Old March 4, 2015, 07:00 PM   #3
Retiredhunter

I looked into that 1495 which seems a hair to small (18.87 x 13.12). My measurements are 13" tall by 20" long broke apart. That does not leave any room for the suppressor. I would really like one to fit the whole gun which needs to be about 30" x 13" but not much more.
Old March 5, 2015, 12:46 AM   #4
Retiredhunter

I think I found what I want......Plano 36" tactical hard case. $72.96 with free shipping and handling off Amazon Prime. I would like it a couple inches shorter but this seems to have a nice foam system and can store my goodies also. Can also leave the suppressor right on the gun............Thx
Old March 5, 2015, 08:58 AM   #5
peggysue

Racket case. http://tacticalgear.com/blackhawk-di...#/16473/3821/1
Old March 6, 2015, 10:26 AM   #6
tirod

Just bought a real Wilson case for 99c at the local DAV. Stiff piping, sling, double lined.

Of course, it's for a pistol, so I can carry it loaded in the car. An SBR in the trunk, the hard case would be better.

Them's the breaks, it points out that many states require a "rifle" to be cased and stored unloaded in the trunk out of reach. Darn poachers and road hunters got that law passed. CCW allows loaded carry up front at hand.

Pistol vs rifle. All part of the decision matrix. Try to wedge that case down so it doesn't constantly bang around back there. Those SUV cargo blocks might help.
Old March 6, 2015, 09:36 PM   #7
nemesiss45

Im a fan of those plano AW series cases. I have one for one of my guns. They are really solid, probably not any better than a pelican, but not apreciably worse, and a bargain when put up against their competitors. I will buy one for my AR as well, whenever i feel settled on my components.