The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 11, 2008, 05:57 PM   #26
Headgear

I sure appreciate everyone's input. I went ahead a ordered the mid-sized Dillon.
I just got a 650 press and set it up last weekend and I had a problem with it not indexing correctly. The rep. said it will probably loosen up and start working fine, but he was going to send a replacement part and a special tool to do it with. I called back ten minutes or so later, and told him it was now fine. He said, "The part is one that does occasionally get into trouble so I'm sending it so you'll have a spare".
That did it for me! I ordered their tumbler. If someone is going to go out of there way to make sure I'm a happy customer, then I'm just going to go ahead and be one.
Old December 17, 2008, 04:24 AM   #27
aedavis

I've been using a Midway tumbler for nearly 20 years and it's still going strong, but if I had to replace it today I'd buy the mid sized Dillon one. I think you made a good choice.