The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 30, 2002, 10:41 AM   #1
Guyon

Hedley Pocket Holster

Am thinking of ordering one for a P32. Any comments?

Also, there's a Standard and a Limited Edition model. I sort of have my eye on the Limited Edition for $10 more. Anybody have this version?
Old July 31, 2002, 11:11 AM   #2
Kentucky Rifle

RJ Hedley Holsters...

I own two. My preference is for the back pocket model. However, there's one thing of which I'm sure. You will LOVE the Hedley model you pick. I know the man personally. He is METICULOUS in his leatherwork. Plus, you get your order quickly. Don't forget to order the "pocket" spare magazine pouch that he offers with a holster purchase. The pouch is inexpensive and keeps pocket lint out of your spare mag. As a matter of fact, his whole line of products are very reasonably priced for the quality you get. I don't think his quality or leatherwork can be beat--at any price.

KR
Old July 31, 2002, 01:23 PM   #3
Guyon

Actually, I'd like the back pocket model too, but I don't trust the Kel-Tec's composite frame under my ass. I'm not huge (I'm about 195), but I still would worry about messing up the gun. That's the main reason I opted for front pocket carry.

Thanks for the encouraging words about Hedley. I've already sent in the order via the internet. Just have to send him payment.
Old August 18, 2002, 11:54 PM   #4
Guyon

Got the Limited Edition in black. Couldn't be more pleased. Makes the pistol print like a wallet and is meticulously crafted.

Highly recommended.
Old August 19, 2002, 08:37 AM   #5
Kentucky Rifle

Yep--Just as I told you. The man definitely takes his leatherwork seriously! I realize I've told this story before but, on the second Hedley Holster I ordered, RJ sent me an e-mail saying he had received some, what he termed, "inferior leather" and he did not feel right about making my holster from that "stuff". He sent me an e-mail almost every day with an apology for being "late" with my holster. When it came (only a few days later, via priority mail), it was of the same excellent quality as the first one. RJ takes a personal interest in every single holster he builds. He's definitely the best pocket holster maker around.

Guyon: Your ass is probably not too big. I weigh 225 and sit on my Seecamp or Guardian every day. (And soon, my new Autauga too!)

KR