The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 22, 2010, 11:17 AM   #1
jtmckinney

Amadeo Rossi SA Pump 22 Forearm Removal Help

This gun has been broke for several years and as a project I thought I might try to return it to service.

As you can see from the picture the pin that worked the action from the forearm is gone. Where it went I do not know. I have access to machine shop services and top quality heli-arc welding so if I can get the forearm off I think I can fabricate a replacement and fix it.

My question is how to remove the forearm and slide. I removed the screws that look like they attach the forearm to the slide but it will not budge.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
James

Last edited by jtmckinney; July 29, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old April 22, 2010, 08:37 PM   #2
jtmckinney

I think I have it figured out

After a couple of more searches I was able to find an owners manual that included a parts list and a diagram.

To keep a short story that way I need a drift punch smaller than any I have for this disasembly that should let me get the "Action Slide" off the gun for the repair I have in mind. If this doesn't work I will let you know.

If someone would like to give their opinion if heli-ark welding the part I am planning to make is the best way to attach it to the rest of the action slide or if there is a better way. I am thinking the original manufacturing was induction welded or some other way I am not famillar with. I will ask the people at the machine shop I work with for their opinion. My main concern is the heat treatment being compromised and leading to another failure in the short term. If it needs to be re heat treated, maybe we can do that too. Maybe silver solder or braizing would be better.

I did not find anything on any of my searches that said this was a chronic problem for this firearm. My first impression was a weak design, but maybe not.

Maybe this is more trouble that this gun is worth but as I said "this is a project".

Thanks to all,
James