The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old November 1, 2007, 11:07 PM   #1
Bud Ribelin

Need Help--information

I was given a over and under 410 guage shotgun by an uncle about 30 years ago. The gun was manufactured in Italy by Garmi Rino Galesi=Breacia. This beautifully engraved gun has a slide bolt lock and a vented rib.The model is Volunteer.It is like new and extremely tight. Does anyone know anything about its origin or value? How many were made?
Old November 2, 2007, 11:21 AM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Galesi (later Rigarmi) was not in the top tier of Italian gun makers, but their quality was excellent. The engraving should add to the value. I would say you have a nice gun, but it is more in the shooter category than a collectors item. I recommend a Google search on "Rino Galesi" or "Rigarmi". I found a number of sites, but did not have the time to search them.

Jim
Old November 2, 2007, 12:39 PM   #3
Bill DeShivs

Volunteer Arms of Knoxville TN imported quite a few Spanish and Italian guns in the 1970s. Could the gun be marked as such?