The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 2, 2016, 11:23 PM   #1
Machineguntony

Smith&Wesson 5906 TSW W/ auto sear

I got my machine pistol back from the gunsmith, who is a respected machine pistol smith.

He took the registered sear out of the original host (S&W 659) and installed it into a 5906 TSW. At first, I was going to install the sear into a 5906 Performance Center, but I like the idea of being able to install a front vertical grip, which on a registered machine pistol is legal to do. So I decided on the 5906 TSW.

The downside to installing the sear into the 5906 is that I can no longer use the swing down folding pistol stock. This is a minor downside because I don't like the stock.

Here is a video of me shooting the machine pistol. I've been shooting it for about a month, and with practice, I'm getting better. It's a lot of fun. With practice, it's becoming easier to manage.

https://youtu.be/TV8ni6MVb1c

is there a way to embed video into a post?

Here is a pic of the machine pistol with the new host, a Smith&Wesson 5906 TSW, aka the S&W Tactical9.

This an NFA registered machine gun.

Here's one of the 7inch targets from the above shooting session. Shot from 10 yards.

Old April 2, 2016, 11:34 PM   #2
Theohazard

Dude, that looks like so much fun. Now I've got to see if my boss will let me shoot his full-auto Glock 17.
Old April 7, 2016, 08:41 PM   #3
shooterdownunder

Just tried a test to embed it, only does a thumbnail and links to the actual video.

That being said, I think I preferred the 659. Just looked nicer.
Old April 8, 2016, 03:32 PM   #4
smee78

I like it, that looked like it was fairly easy to control. I havent shot an auto pistol, sub guns and rifles yes. Sounds like a good canidate for some type of carbine chassie or something to that effect.