The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 28, 2011, 05:31 PM   #1
HappySig

can i use wolf small mag. pistol with 9mm with 700x

can i use wolf small mag. pistol primers with 9mm with 3.8 grains of 700x and a berry's 124 gr plated RN?

Thanks everybody
Old March 28, 2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Clark

With AA#5 and working up in 9mm 115 until the brass fails, if I switch to small pistol magnum primers and work up again, the threshold comes 0.7 gr of powder sooner.

The change to pressure of changing to magnum primers may be the same as increasing the powder charge by .7 gr, but I doubt the velocity goes up as much as it does from adding .7 gr.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old March 28, 2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Shoney

Clark

The burn rate of 700X is close Bullseye and AA2, and their relative burn rate varies with the chart you look at, as all three are listed as the fastest in different charts. And all are quite a bit faster than AA5.

Do you have any info on comparison of BE and AA2 rather than AA5?
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old March 28, 2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Clark

No,
and that was a miserable work up.

I like to get to the threshold of brass failure in Ruger #1 rifles, not little Kel-Tec pistols.

I just randomly picked up a load book with AA#5 and Bullseye loads for 9mm.
The BE is 70% of the AA#5, so if we extrapolate on a vodoo load book, we would have:

switch to magnum primer = .5 gr Bullseye.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?