The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 12, 2009, 09:45 PM   #1
bamaranger

One for the good guys

We've had lots of talk about outlaws, poachers and violators, and I thought you guys might enjoy this.

Swung by buddy's house the other night at end of my shift. We talked (guns what else) and I split for home. He calls bout 2 hrs later, midnite. Somebody just shot (nighthunters) beside his house, from road. He called the local warden (WCO) who was off, but came out anyhow. Buddy met him and the shot the breeze for awhile, WCO backed into a hole to see what might happen next. An hour later, vehicle comes buy, drops two guys off to look for the deer. WCO bounces them, gets a confession, seizes the rifle ,likely 4 figure fines involved for all 3 suspects.

All this happened 100 yds from buddy's house.....I mean, right there!

A reasonable phone call, and a WCO who went just a little farther, and a sexy case. Well done guys.
Old December 12, 2009, 11:19 PM   #2
treg

I like hearing those stories.

If more people would take an active role in reporting illegal activities there would be a lot more game. Too many people just sit by, let it happen, complain, then want more restrictions and regulations on the guys that follow the law.
Old December 13, 2009, 09:31 AM   #3
simonkenton

Good deal! Lock 'em up!

We owe a great debt to hard working Game Rangers like this man.
Old December 13, 2009, 10:18 AM   #4
remingtonva

GREAT JOB!!!! That is Great NEWS! Treg, You Are excatly true! I know alot of people that well WATCH people do it an wanna complain about what is going on when they dont wanna take their part of calling GW! But GREAT Job Buddy for calling! An Great job for the GW that went out he's way to come!!! Love hearing these stories!