The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Closed Thread

Old January 31, 2013, 10:44 AM   #26
emcon5

Quote:
"Price gouger's should be hung by their fingernails"
Hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but that is the free market at work. When demand spikes and supple lags behind, prices rise.

I have a buddy with an 07 FFL who builds AKs. He took a few to a recent gun show, and hadn't raised his prices. He sold all his rifles in the first 5 minutes, to another dealer who walked them over to his table and marked them up a few hundred bucks, and sold them that weekend.
Old January 31, 2013, 11:19 AM   #27
jdh

America has around 950,000,000 people. About half that own at least one gun. The NRA has around 4,000,000 or so members.

Where do people go to shoot? The answer is most have no place and the ranges we have are getting fewer every day. Urban sprawl, the EPA and Enviornmental activism are killing the country in more ways than just the Second Amendment. Think about that the next election we have and you help elect or re-elect another liberal leaning nitwit that has no compunction to distroy the Constitution.

We need more Ranges and more people shooting at those ranges. We need a more informed and better educated public. How we are to achieve that with an education system hell bent on scoialism and a population that is loosing it's values and it's culture is beyond me.

Sadly it is not the gun and ammo manufacturers that are at fault here.

IT IS US!
Old February 2, 2013, 12:28 PM   #28
Ozzieman

America has around 950,000,000 people
I think you need to check your resources, I think your high by about 600,000,000

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old February 2, 2013, 08:33 PM   #29
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Okay...A veritable plethora of venting! Enuf.
Closed Thread