The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 20, 2004, 07:37 AM   #1
tatequieto

Glock Kit... awesome

so like, i received my glock kit this morning, which i previously ordered from www.tonymontana.org after dabbling with it for like 2 hours i finally got it installed and its damn smooth, so my question is, having my glock in machinegun mode kills the life of my pistol?

Thanks!!!
Old October 20, 2004, 08:25 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Please note - I have contacted tatequieto about this. He lives in Argentina where the ownership of the full auto Glock is legal with the proper 3C permit. Tatequieto has that permit.

Tatequieto (and others) - as I mentioned in my note, it would have helped tremendously if you had mentioned in your post that you live in Argentina and have the proper permit for a full auto pistol. Without that information, it appeared you were advocating an illegal action.
Old October 20, 2004, 11:41 PM   #3
CQBArms

Lets get this straight.

1. The patent for that switch belongs to FSSG, not Tonymontana.org
2. The video they use is the FSSG video on their website.
3. Anyone selling a rear conversion sear for the Glock without license is violating a patent.
4. Since they use the FSS-G video they are alluding that it's the same product.
5. Fss-g sear is a controled device in the US and is a registered export device via the State Department.
6. Anyone purchasing a copy of a device with a patent, knowing that the device is an illicit copy, is violating US law as well as international laws regarding patant protection and commerce.

So again tell me how it's legal for someone to violate a patent.
Old October 21, 2004, 11:28 AM   #4
mdavid01

It bears mentioning.
These kits are illegal to own for us normal law abiding folks (non dealer,leo, military org. in the USA types).
DO NOT place yourself at risk by ordering one.
It does not make sense to send money to anyone if you don't have any physical address or phone numbers.
This post has been spammed to multiple boards on the net in an attempt to promote the montoya site.

I've also found that anyone starting communications with "so like" does not bear serious consideration.
Old October 26, 2004, 12:28 AM   #5
Danindetroit

If you are a class III dealer you don't need a quit Glock has a full auto 9mm on it's website. www.glock.com/g18.htm
Old October 26, 2004, 02:52 PM   #6
WillBrayjr

the glock-18c is available to law enforcement and military only.
Old October 26, 2004, 03:57 PM   #7
Cheimison

I don't believe in patents or gun laws, so for all I care he could be my next door neighbour and printing copies of Tom Clancy books while he's at it. Sure is a neat thing.
I think an automatic pistol would be a wonderful self-defense tool but could we please tone-down the firing rate? I want to shoot a guy 3 times with a trigger pull, sure, but unloading my entire mag could be dangerous to me if I have other targets to deal with.
Old October 26, 2004, 07:36 PM   #8
shaggy

Quote:
I don't believe in patents or gun laws, so for all I care he could be my next door neighbour and printing copies of Tom Clancy books while he's at it. Sure is a neat thing.
Well, whether you believe in patents or gun laws or not, if you live in the USA you should know that the federal courts, judges, and your friendly local US Attorney all believe they exist.
Old October 26, 2004, 10:40 PM   #9
Danindetroit

A person with a class III license can't buy one?
Old October 26, 2004, 11:20 PM   #10
Lancel

Quote:
so my question is, having my glock in machinegun mode kills the life of my pistol?
Now that we have the legal qualifiers posted, how about some consideration to the original poster's question.

I'll throw in my cent and a half:
Although my machinegun experience doesn't extend to Glocks; it seems possible that too much full auto fire without cooling might lead to the frame melting. So maybe a spare barrel might be handy to have - along with an oven mitten too.

Larry
Old October 27, 2004, 08:11 AM   #11
shaggy

Quote:
A person with a class III license can't buy one?
If its coming from out side of the US, they could, but first they'd have to get it through customs and BATF first. Even though its just a small part, it is considered a machinegun under US law, so it would need to be imported as such. A tremendous amount of paperwork and expense.

(As an aside, this should also underscore the risk of buying an unregistered one as an unlicensed individual in the US. Not only would you be in violation of the National Firearms Act and 18 USC 922(o), but you'd also be in violation of numerous laws surrounding the importation of arms and implements of war. Several felony counts and the almost certain involvement of the Dept. of Homeland Security is not something to be taken lightly.)

If it was coming from within the US, theoretically, yes they could buy it, but it would have to be registered as a post sample machinegun by the actual manufacturer and transfered to the dealer on a form 3.
Old November 6, 2004, 12:40 AM   #12
Danindetroit

I meant a full auto glock, not just some kit. Sorry for the confusion. To willjr my wife is leo, About 20 33 round extended mags. Some of the covers they sell for the extended mags, some bar-sto extended and compted barrels and I think we got a party