The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old March 22, 2015, 12:07 AM   #1
Raddy

Where to find Model 700 AAC-SD

So I've been saving up money to get a 700 Tactical AAC-SD, but I've noticed that virtually everybody is sold out of them, even online. Is this normal? Has Remington stopped making that model? Can I go to an FFL and just have them order it from the factory? I've found a few online stores that do have them in stock, but I'm still a couple months away from being able to buy it, so I'm worried by then they'll be out of stock too.

All the guns I've ever bought were already on the shelf, so I'm a little unfamiliar with how to go about doing this (I know online purchases have to be shipped to an FFL, but that's about it). I would also greatly prefer new for this one; nothing against used guns, but this is something I'm really treating myself to, so I'd like to get a new one if possible.

Thanks!
Old March 23, 2015, 11:19 AM   #2
jason.jardine72

It's probably the stock I bought two rem 700s one was a 5R 1299 dollars the stock is kevlar it's 900 sold separately and a 300 win mag with a bell and Carlson stock completely aluminum pillar and block bedded already stock is 500 separately gun was 825 with heavy police super sniper barrel .830 at the muzzle I'd research and wait you might get a 700 dollar stock for pennies on the dollar and you don't have to get it bedded a gunsmith is 300 dollars to do it
Old March 23, 2015, 06:57 PM   #3
westonhunt

http://www.slickguns.com/product/rem...h-mz-grn-66140

Look at the current list towards the bottom of the page. You've got 4 options around $650.