The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 13, 2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Chris Van

Why doesn't Natchez sell to Georgia?

I frequently check the Natchez web site for ammo but recently found a holster on there that I wanted to purchase. And upon setting up an account I noticed that Ga was not in there ANYWHERE. Then started reading the fine print and their site clearly says "deals not available in Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee.
Just wondering why I couldn't buy anything from them because I live in the great state of Georgia.
Old March 13, 2013, 11:40 AM   #2
ScottRiqui

The story I heard long ago was that Natchez started off as a distributor for shops in those three states, so in order to avoid taking business from the local gun shops that helped them get their start, they don't sell there.
Old March 13, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3
southjk

Yeah, makes me mad too. I keep finding ammo there but they won't let me have it.

Quote:
Why we don't sell in TN, GA, or AL

Over 21 years ago Natchez Shooters Supply was started as a wholesale distributor of reloading components. The entirety of our sales came from making local deliveries to dealers throughout Tennessee, and the northern Georgia and Alabama areas. It was upon this dealer foundation that Natchez Shooters Supply grew from a two man operation in the basement of a house into the large warehouse distributor that it is today.

Due to strong loyal commitments with our local dealers that have supported our business for over 21 years, we feel that it would be best if we did not compete with our them by selling directly to their customers. We will be offering links and contact information soon of dealers in TN, GA, and AL that loyaly support us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Natchez Shooters Supply
Old March 13, 2013, 08:49 PM   #4
sirdiealot

might make you mad but you have to respect their loyalty and respect there honor of doing business that way

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old March 13, 2013, 09:33 PM   #5
alex0535

^It was sort of a confusing thing to learn about.

Sucks that we can't order from them, but it is a respectful act to show loyalty towards where they come from.
Old March 13, 2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Rmart30

when I order from them I send the items to my aunt in florida and get her to mail em to me after she gets them.