The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 23, 2010, 09:41 AM   #1
bkhann

Hornady Get Loaded Promotion

I recently purchased a Hornady LnL AP Press. Part of the deal is that Hornady has a promotion running where you will receive 500 bullets (a $110 value) when you purchase a press.

From several forums I had read that it was taking months for Hornady to fufill those promotion orders. I sent my form it to Hornady on June 17 expecting a wait of several months. Well....to my surprise...I just received a email that the bullets have been shipped. Today is June 23 so........it took a whopping 6 days to fufill the promotional order.

Way to go Hornady!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 23, 2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Stock on some bullets, like those for .380 pistol, for example, were severely depleted and were taking until production was scheduled before they could be delivered. Bullets that are in stock get shipped. No reason why not. So, your bullet choice had something to do with it.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old June 23, 2010, 10:16 AM   #3
bkhann

That is probably true. I shoot all 124 gr 9mm, so the 115 gr 9mm offered was just not attractive. I chose 357 mag/38 spec 110 gr HP/XTP instead. This is something that I will use for practice in my Ruger SP101 snubbie.

Yep, even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut!!!!!
Old June 23, 2010, 11:55 AM   #4
hornady

When I got my LNL it was a 1000 free Bullets, I ordered 45s and it was all of 2 months, but I think its getting better on components now, I go in the gun shop and he has powder and primers now, he went from limiting you from 100 primers to 1000 now.
Old June 23, 2010, 04:18 PM   #5
LOUD

Hornady is best!!!!

I cant sing the praises for Hornady loud enough, all my equipment is Hornady, and I do mean everything! Press, dies, bullet puller, case tumbler, scale, etc. Ive had very little trouble and what little I've had they attended to wonderfully, I broke the deprime spindle on my sizing die (my fault) they sent me spare parts immediately and at no charge. When my digital scale went on the blink and that particular model is no longer offered they sent me another to use until the new model is produced (later this year) and they got me one on order as soon as available. So for me Hornady is best, they take care of their customers instead of waffling or trying to beat you out of something. You just gotta love a company that stands behind their product!!!
Old June 23, 2010, 05:11 PM   #6
engineermike

I bought a 3 pack of Lock n Load die bushing for my Lock n load Classic press and on the the bushings would not lock. I emaled the company and was given instructions for getting the bushing adjusted. I had to pay $12.00 shipping (my fault) and asked for a couple of cans for their gun cleaner and dry lube for my trouble. They replaced the die bushing and only sent me one can to the gun cleaner and dry lube. (Rats) If i would have done a little research I believe I could have gotten the freight a little cheaper. They did return my die bushing postage paid and they might have just sent me a new one if I would have called. (I read stories of people getting replacement parts free plus postage) The only thing I wished Hornady would do is put more video on their web page on how to use all thier pesses and die sets and ecessories.

MIke
Old June 23, 2010, 05:16 PM   #7
engineermike

Oh yea, I also recieved bullets from the get loaded program and the first bunch took amost 3 months. 2 months ago I bought a couple more die sets and those bullets I orderd from the program can in about 2 1/2 weeks. The get loaded program was the reason for purchasing the Hornady brand and I have not been disapointed.

Mike
Old June 23, 2010, 11:01 PM   #8
bigwrench

I purchased some hornady dies a while back, but did not get the 100 free bullets hornady offered because the shipping on the bullets is about the same as I can buy the bullets for locally. Just not that good of a deal IMO.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:30 PM   #9
bigwrench

My mistake! Just took another look at the promo, and the shipping cost is less than I remembered. I had it in my mind the shipping was $16.95, rather than $6.95. Now, if I can just remember where I put that darned recipt.
Old June 24, 2010, 02:46 PM   #10
physikal

I am one of those people that had to wait months. Their communication needs a bit of work. Other than that I am very happy.

I waited about 2 months before I finally called them to ask what the deal was. Turns out the 7mm 139gr BT bullets are on a crazy backorder. The woman I spoke with said it would be another 90-180 days before I could see them. I said ok nm, switch it to the 7mm 139gr SP. I received my bullets about a week later.

It would have been nice to have them email me and let me know what was going on so I didnt have to wait so long to find out for myself. But hey, it's free bullets.